Week three in Houston has passed, and life is showing no signs of slowing down. This past week, we visited lots of family and friends whom we hadn’t seen in almost three months – some who hadn’t met Isla yet. I was talked into doing back-to-back classes at Life Time Fitness with a close friend, and my body is still recovering. Overall, this week had many highlights, which I’ve captured below:
- I went to Anthropologie, J. Crew, Carter’s, Kendra Scott and Baby Gap – ugh, feels good to be back). I subsequently ended up at The Container Store again for more slim-fit hangers.
- We ate at Ruggles Green and Mary’z – two of our favorite restaurants (see full list of favorites), and I went grocery shopping at Whole Foods for the first time in months!
- The weather is finally getting more bearable, so I was able to run outside on multiple days.
- After going to the Durango Farmer’s Market all Saturday, we decided to head to one of the big ones in Houston (and bought lots of Sinfull Bakery goodies)
- We went to my parent’s house for lunch to celebrate my dad’s birthday (happy birthday!)
- Isla went to church for the first time (Bayou City Fellowship) and behaved swimmingly! Thank the good Lord.
Most importantly, this week marked the official stomach-to-back-to-stomach rolling and consistent, deep belly laughter from Isla. The former has me slightly nervous (she’s now getting tied into her changing station), and the latter has my heart smiling. That sound is pure joy.
Lastly, the winner of the Freshly Picked giveaway is Wendy J! I will be emailing you shortly. Thank you to everyone who entered.
I told this little lady she looked foxy and then found out the animal on her tunic is actually a catShe makes me the happiest person everI love seeing her personality developGorgeous tulips at Whole FoodsSaturday Farmer’s Market shoppingFound this gem in the J. Crew sale (linked below)Sinfull Bakery muffin that Sasha made me share with himIsla’s first date – they both fell fast asleep… romantic, huh?I want a Janie and Jack romper to wear just for their bows!Apparently, it’s my dad’s 8th birthday!So much tummy time due to her new rolling tricks!
Shop this Post