I have only been to Chicago a handful of times, yet I love it so much. Given my lack of experience with traveling around the Windy City, I’m handing over the city guide ownership to my good friend, Mara, who writes one of my favorite blogs – Hook, Thread & Tinker. Mara lives in Chicago with her husband, James, and their newborn son, Simon, who is two days younger than Isla (and the cutest boy ever!). Her style is très similar to mine, so naturally I think she’s super cool (ha). She has written a detailed city guide, which I’m sharing with you today! First, I’ll give you my abbreviated, yet sound, list of Chicago must-do’s.
My Chicago Recommendations
- Eat brunch at 2 Sparrows (where I tasted my first St-Germain cocktail)
- Get coffee at La Colombe (I’m not an iced coffee person, but I am here)
- Eat lunch at Tavern on Rush (sit outside and people watch)
- Drink Bloody Mary’s at Mike Ditka’s Restaurant (nice and spicy)
- Devour dinner at Purple Pig (I literally dream about their shaved Brussels sprouts!)
- Get drinks at Pops for Champagne (I believe Heaven will have a champagne bar too)
- Take a ‘selfie’ using The Bean in Millenium Park (major tourist attraction, but I love it)
- Ride the ferris wheel at Navy Pier (okay, also very touristy)
- Shop on The Magnificent Mile (there is no H&M near us in Houston!)
- Laugh until you cry at Second City (book well ahead of time)
For the full Chicago City Guide on Hook, Thread & Tinker, click here. It’s literally the best city guide ever made – it includes separate posts for breakfast and brunch, lunch and dinner, pizza, snacks and dessert, daytime activities, drinks and nightlife – as well as a detailed 48 hour itinerary. Happy reading (and hopefully, planning!).
Click here to see a complete list of my travel guides.