Whew – what a week! It ended on a rather low point – mastitis (again!). Mastitis is a breast tissue infection that, quite frankly, sucks. I had it for the first time 6 days after Isla was born (on Sasha’s birthday!). This time, I was able to identify it early, as I knew those flu-like symptoms weren’t the flu! Thankfully, we got medicine very quickly and started the antibiotics, and I’m feeling much better.
Besides mastitis, the week was wonderful. Kirby, one of my best friends, was in town for a wedding, so we got to spend most of the day together on Friday and had a quick little visit on Sunday. Sweet Lillian is just gorgeous! See photos of their last two play adventures here and here.
Other highlights include:
- Isla dying of giggles when Sasha was playing peek-a-boo with her (did you see last week’s giggle fit?)
- Kicking butt in Strike class (quite literally – it’s kick boxing) at Life Time – I am addicted.
- Attending Isla’s first neighborhood Spring Valley fall festival!
- Getting our house ready for Christmas, i.e. two trees are up (explanation soon!) – which included multiple trips to Hobby Lobby, Anthropologie, West Elm, Crate and Barrel, IKEA and Home Goods.
- Watching Captain Phillips – I never, ever watch TV or movies so had never heard of it, but I’m obsessed! Tom Hanks is incredible.
- Seeing my good friend, Melissa, on Thursday after she left the office – have missed her!
- Having friends over for Sunday lunch and then Sasha’s sweet cousins visit in the afternoon.
- Eating dinner at Ruggles Green – hands down, the Texas Goat Cheese Salad is the best salad in Houston, Zoe’s Kitchen and Adair Kitchen.
- Taking a trip to Common Bond – the very trendy new bakery in town (delicious coffee, lacking in vegan treats). I even updated my Houston weekend travel guide to include it!
How was your week? Tell me about it in the comments!
The sass.Ugh, over this.Obsessed with her toes.Ahhhh! Scary movie face has been perfected.Best friends who head butt.Business in the front, party in the back… introducing the mullet!Finally! Someone who thinks I’m funny.It lived up to all of the hype!Isla loving on her Tetka (Serbian word for Aunt) KristinaThese two…Trying out our new BABYBJORN high chair (more to come later – love!) // Spring Valley fall festival