It’s truly unbelievable that this past weekend was the last in October! Halloween is coming quickly, and Isla is totally ready to bust out her fruity costume (I am too!). The weather in Houston was low 80’s all weekend, so we were outside almost all day long on Saturday and Sunday.
Sasha and I went to my dad’s new office on Tuesday and had lunch (Ruggles Green, of course) with him and his secretary, Dottie. It was so nice to see them both, and Dad got to show Isla off to his co-workers.
Other highlights from the week include:
- Discovering Isla’s new favorite giggle-inducer (beats peek-a-boo) – the sock monster!
- After many failed recipes this week, making an ‘Everything Bar’ that is amazing (recipe to come soon!)
- Isla learning to sleep on her stomach – we had three long weeks of her rolling over and crying until we flipped her back!
- Singing one of my very favorite worship songs at church on Sunday
- Many long walks in the beautiful weather, our favorite being a house-hunt around the neighborhood and to Memorial Park
- Taking Isla to Catalina Coffee (best in Houston) for the first time!
- Lunching with sweet Kevin for the second time – at Ruggles Green (photo below – isn’t adorable)
- Running with Isla for the first time in her Baby Jogger Summit X3 Stroller (I was so nervous and fully padded the area near her head – total new mom move)
- Tying Isla’s hair in a tiny little pony tail for the first time (photographic evidence below)
- Trying out a new local restaurant – Fajita Pete’s, as they actually have veggie fajitas, which is surprisingly so rare for a Mexican restaurant
Little grins make my dayIsla loves her The Very Hungry Catepillar soft bookHands (or feet – see below) always in her mouthSweet I onesie from my former managerRawrrrrrrNewly painted Lululemon wall at City Centre // Lunch with Dad and DottieFinally getting around to finishing up Christmas decor (Crate & Barrel Pine Cone)Adorable little Kevin // Pantone: 6 Mini Board Books // Yummy feetHalloween sneak peekSuccessful first run with our Baby Jogger Summit X3 Stroller // Tiny little ponytail