Happy Monday everyone! Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week? Time is flying by (I’ve probably said that 10,000 times in the last 5 1/2 months). Quite a lot has happened in the previous two weeks (missed last week’s review due to Isla’s First Week with Carter’s series – see here for the winner!), Isla had her first trip to the Houston Zoo (we’re now members, so excited), which made me so happy. She loved staring at the fish – everything else was too far for her to see (oh, and then she fell asleep, which didn’t help).
Other highlights from the last week (and a bit) include:
- Crawling! Well, sort of – Isla is mainly motivated by her favorite book (Goodnight, I Love You) and my iPhone (Digital Natives!) – watch the army crawling here.
- Finger painting again with mushed berries that turned into a face painting session… and then I gave her a spoon, because solids is coming very soon! I can tell she is interested now.
- Shooting Christmas card photos for my good friends, Matt and Erin (their wedding photos here) – I’ll share all of the pictures soon!
- Swimming at the Life Time pool twice – the second time involving our new Otteroo, which we both love.
- Taking Isla to get frozen yogurt at Yogurtland for the first time (okay, she only ate it indirectly through my milk!)
- Shipping off a few of my first Etsy orders!
- Attending a beautiful wedding in Austin at Thurman Mansion (last time I was there, I was 36.5 weeks pregnant!)
- Going to the church sermon at Bayou City Fellowship and hearing Curtis preach, and having Isla in the daycare for the first time – they said she loved it!