I really enjoyed the past week, as it was filled with fun friend get-togethers, last minute Christmas shopping, a hair appointment to take me back to being a brunette, and lots of sweet Isla moments (think big, poufy pink tutu play time!). I feel so fortunate to have been able to take a leave of absence from work for the past six months, and I am soaking up as much time as possible with Isla before returning to work at the end of February. My childcare search is ramping up heavily this week! I’ve been procrastinating because it makes me want to cry. Sasha is an amazing dad and wakes up at 5am to workout so he can get to the office around 6:30-7am and gets home around 4:00-4:15pm, which is perfect for two hours of family time before Isla’s bedtime routine starts at 6pm. We do a 1.5 mile walk every evening with Belle, our dog, and I look forward to this outing all day long.
Some of the major highlights of the last week include:
- Getting my hair colored by Eric at Estilo Salon – I decided to go ombre 9 weeks ago, and I’ve been dying (no pun intended) to go back to my original hair color ever since… finally did it! (see awkward makeup-less selfie below)
- Isla finally got the swing of eating food vs. just licking and spitting… which led to two days of constipation, which wasn’t all that fun
- Planning our trip to Paris and St. Petersburg – down to the hour, metro stops, restaurants, coffee stops, etc. (and reading Comment le Grinch a Volé Noël and This is Paris)
- Getting so many Christmas/holiday cards in the mail – I am obsessed! I seriously chase the mailman down every day when he comes to our cul-de-sac
- Eating a delicious brunch hosted by Christie of KiKiMac – lots of pretty pictures below!
- Catching up with old co-workers-turned-friends at The Tasting Room
- Hosting a Christmas dinner with three of my friends from childhood – seriously was crying laughing at numerous occasions… love those ladies! We drank these delicious peppermint cocktails, which I’ll share tomorrow!
- Prepping for Isla’s Christening on December 27 – she’s going to wear the same Christening gown that my grandpa, dad, and I all wore (think long gown à la Prince George)
- Buying lots and lots of peonies for the house – not sure what this winter season is all about, but I am loving it!
- Finally putting lights on the trees outside (thank you, sweet husband!)
I hope you had the best week as well! I’d love to hear some of your highlights too in the comments below. xo