Happy Monday! It feels like the rain has not stopped in months here in Houston, although it’s only been a few weeks. I do not know how people survive in a city like Seattle, where rain is the norm, as I’m about to go stir crazy. Before having Isla, I could still leave the house, knowing I would just dash out of my car and under cover. Now that I have to go around the side of the car, get her car seat out and sometimes her stroller too, I end up drenched if I try to brave the rain… so lately, I haven’t been. Dear mother nature, please stop.
Besides the weather, the past week was very productive. Preparations for the wedding shower we’re hosting at the house are underway, which unfortunately for Sasha meant scrubbing the grout in our kitchen on Saturday night and applying a new layer of sealant. Fun times at the Petrovic household!
Some of the main highlights from the week include:
- Isla’s giggle fit at my terrible cheerleading jumps – watch here!
- A trip to Thompson+Hanson for some flowers – I am obsessed with this nursery [as well as the attached restaurant – Tiny Boxwoods]
- Finding a dress [option #1 at least] for the shower – the Aubrey dress by Equipment [this one, but in pink]
- Meeting Alexis and sweet little Kevin at True Food Kitchen for the first time [it’s so good – definitely heading back again soon]
- Isla asking McKenzie to be her Godmother [she accepted, thank goodness!]
- Adding strawberries, raspberries and fusilli pasta to Isla’s current food menu [avocados, carrots, apples, bananas and sweet potatoes] – going to try broccoli and cauliflower next!
- Hosting a dinner party and playing the most outrageously fun games – Cards Against Humanity and Head’s Up [Ellen DeGeneres’ iPhone game]
- Receiving these gorgeous workout pants and this comfy top from Albion – you’ll see more of them soon!
- Finally breaking into the winter diaper patterns from Honest Co. – the bears are my favorite ones
- Celebrating Serbian Christmas Eve service in Galveston on Tuesday and then Serbian Christmas in town on Wednesday – it’s so nice to get to party twice in one year!
- Receiving our three Little Animal Print Shop darlings in the mail and hanging them immediately in the playroom
- Packaging up the invitations for the shower and getting them shipped out (nothing like being last minute!) as well as getting together with the hostesses to plan everything out!
How was your week? What were your highlights?