Finally – sunshine in Houston! I can barely believe it – the past few days have been unbelievably beautiful, which is much-needed after a month of overcast skies. Given the change in temperature, Sasha and I spent much of the weekend outdoors, getting the house ready for the wedding shower that we’re hosting next weekend. Sasha is amazing, and he drilled holes and hung strung lights (six sets of these ones!) in our backyard for many hours on Sunday. I took care of well-overdue re-planting (all the plants I planted in the spring died) in our front entryway (see photo below!).
Some of the other highlights from this week include:
- Catching up with two of my favorite co-workers over dinner at True Food Kitchen
- Meeting with Amy of Eco Modern Concierge to discuss an organization project
- Receiving the final pieces of Amanda’s wedding invitations – cannot wait to put it all together (and share details!)
- Recording a vlog that I’ll share with you in a few weeks
- Receiving the world’s cutest Janie and Jack outfit (that red bow!) from Jenny of Jenny Journey – the girl has style, let’s be honest here!
- Taking photographs for Feather Thread – a fashion blog that is launching in February (two more sneak peek photos below!)
- Wandering around Over the Top Linen and ordering the cutest runners and table cloths for the wedding shower
- Having my older sister over for dinner on Saturday and playing gin rummy (and winning for the first time in ages) – we drank this Chandon sparkling red that we bought in Napa and it’s seriously my favorite drink of all time
- Eating my favorite salad – the Insalata Fiorucci from The Original Carabbas on Voss – not once, but twice (food heaven)
- Having both my dad and Sasha’s dad over to play with Isla and snapping cute moments of her with her granddads
- Allowing Isla to nap in my arms once or twice, as she has a cold and needs extra mom-loving (so I tell myself)
- Branching out into new foods, like broccoli, prunes and (sob!) chicken – Sasha insists, while I want her to be a vegetarian! I’ll pay someone to find research that giving babies meat is bad!
How was your week? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
Lastly, congratulations to Courtney Carlton, who won the ‘Best Baby Items on Etsy‘ giveaway! Thank you to everyone who entered. I hope you order some of these items today! You won’t regret it!
Getting practice walking with her Hape Wonder Walker and being a trooper in the cold 40 degree weather with her By George Baby Boutique teether!Should probably take down the wreath now, right?First time to drive a car!And my heart melts