This past weekend, we hosted a wedding shower at our house for two of our close friends, Scott and Amanda. We tested the capacity of ‘The Manor,’ and had 67 people eating, drinking, laughing and taking polaroids (or Instax Minis, to be precise). Sasha and I had such a good time, and seriously cannot wait for their wedding in New Orleans in just a few months. I’ll share a handful of photos later this week – although it’s hard to play photographer when you’re busy being a host! I’m glad I got some photos taken before the party started. I did share one of my favorite pictures below – Amanda’s two adorable nieces came, and they love the photos. You’ll see the ‘World’s Best Selfies’ below!
The shower was by far the biggest highlight of the week, and getting ready for it took up most of the week. There were a few other fun moments, including:
- Meeting two sweet friends for lunch at Adair Kitchen and getting one of my favorite meals in the city – their black bean quinoa burger (it’s heavenly)
- Getting our new ficus lyrata set up – we ordered it from Houston Interior Plants and love it
- Ordering a British passport for Isla
- More mushed berry finger painting with Isla, as her aunts commissioned pieces of their own
- Hanging up lights in our backyard (well, Sasha did) – we ordered these ones from Amazon and love them!
- Taking Isla to the park with her cousins and swinging for the first time!
- Receiving packages from one of my best friends, Sophee, and from Kendra Scott – details on what was inside will be shared tomorrow!
- Catching up with one of my closest high school friends, Joy (who owns the amazing jewelry company, Priya) over lunch at Zoe’s Kitchen
- Receiving my two new wedding bands, as the tiny pave ones I had kept losing diamonds!
- Discovering that Isla is obsessed with Plum Organics squeezable purees – we are doing baby led weaning, but want to make sure Isla practices eating from a spoon too! She is obsessed with the Greek yogurt, spinach and raspberry flavor
- A playdate with McKenzie and Sasha’s mom on Friday – we had Isla time, then enjoyed lunch together at the house
- Getting pampered on Saturday morning with a mimosa and blowout (something I need every day!)
- Buying at least 7 outfit options for the shower, then wearing something I already owned (how often does this have to happen for me to learn?)
A definite low point was spending hours on the phone with Apple to fix my iPhoto – where I store all photos. Yikes. I was extremely cranky last night while this was happening!