I truly love a good yearly planner, and I’ve used one forever and ever and ever; however, after Isla was born, mine got left behind in my laptop bag that hasn’t been opened since June. My organization was shocking, which is totally understandable for the first weeks or months. 7 months in? Maybe not so much.
I was really excited to get my Sugar Paper planner for Christmas, but even more excited when I found out last week that I had won a Simplified Planner from Christina Leigh’s 12 Days of Christmas giveaway. It seemed perfect timing, as Emily Ley (owner/creator of the Simplified Planner) gave birth to her adorable baby twins last week, and I couldn’t stop crying when she posted this photo on Instagram. What is wrong with me? I now want twins really, really, really badly.
So, besides twin babies (whom I do not know) being born, other highlights of the week included:
- Two lunch dates to Ruggles Green with the most adorable babies – Hollis (11 months old and a walking machine) and Alexander (please see photo below to understand my utter obsession) – I love catching up with their sweet moms too, especially while eating a Texas Goat Cheese Salad
- Finishing the editing on my video for Milk Nursingwear – it’s being reviewed, but I’ll be able to show it soon!
- Participating in the 30 day challenge with 89.3 KSBJ, which is a local Christian radio station – I seriously cannot be in a bad mood while listening to this station (and when Broken Vessels is on… my heart is extra happy). I’ve also started the She Reads Truth Bible study and am obsessed. Can we talk about the content, as well as the beautiful graphics?
- Traveling to Galveston for our niece’s Christening, which was beautiful – Ana is a champion and slept through 90% of it, then cried for only a second (during the dunking, which is understandable!)
- Laughing and laughing when I looked over at Isla one morning as I got ready to see that she had climbed on the scale and was standing up, examining herself in the mirror (handy though, she weigh 19 pounds now… avocado and sweet potatoes are chunking her up!)
- Receiving a beautiful package for Isla from Janie and Jack and getting some cute little jeans and a top from Nordstrom for her as well (does anyone ever do returns without buying something??) – also, let’s talk about how I only buy clothes for Isla now – this is the definition of being a mom!
- Enjoying time with my older sister and both of Isla’s grandmas who came to visit this week and play with Isla
I felt awfully sick on Saturday (I kept Googling symptoms of an Appendicitis, but turns out I have a cold, ha!). A very laid back day helped me get back on my feet quickly. How was your week? What were your highlights?
PS The winner of the Isla necklace giveaway was Joanna Murnan! Congratulations!!