This past week has been one of really high highs and really low lows. As I mentioned last week, Sasha’s uncle passed away on Wednesday morning, and the rest of the week felt like it had a big grey cloud hanging over it. The funeral was held yesterday, and it was very emotional for everyone. Tom has left an amazing legacy, and I’m so grateful to have known him for the last 4 1/2 years.
On a much less grave note, another low was the selling of our house falling through. Crazy, I know – it was a big secret, except for close family and friends, that we were even considering moving! We were under contract for our house, but the appraisal came in less than the sale price, and we weren’t able to settle on a final offer. We had been talking to a builder in our neighborhood who is building a spec home we were planning on customizing. We’re both very disappointed with everything, but know that things happen for a reason. We love our house, so are okay with staying put for awhile longer!
The highs for the week included getting to take photos for yesterday’s blog post at Spring Street Studios and being able to spend time with Brittany Lais Williams, my insanely talented friend, who did my hair and makeup, as well as Paige Budde of Awake Photography. I love Paige’s photographs so much, and could look at her blog all day. We stopped by the Papellerie studio after taking pictures, and got to hug Amy and Riley, the duo responsible for my wedding stationery (which you can see here). Isla clung to Riley the whole time (see photo below!). It was so cute.
Other highlights for the week included:
- Spending time with my sister-in-law, Ivana, who was in Texas for work and then stayed longer for the funeral – I seriously could not ask for a better SIL, she is wonderful
- Seeing my best friend, McKenzie, who has been in London for two weeks for work (we cannot talk about the jealousy here!) – she got me the most amazing birthday gifts – Deliciously Ella and the world’s comfiest snood – and a Pink Peonies Collection ring, which hasn’t arrived just yet (cannot wait to see it!)
- Eating lunch at Dish Society with Brittany and our friend, Kasey – I love that place!
- Going to eat lunch at Empire Turkish Grill with my mother-in-law and Isla (who loved the hummus!)
- Getting a manicure on Saturday and a blow out at Dry Bar on Sunday
- Spending a day in Katy with my mom and older sister – Sasha was very against buying an exercauser for Isla, so she gets excited when we go and she gets to play in it
- Celebrating Isla’s 9 month-iversary and watching her learn to clap, which she know does anytime anyone mutters the word ‘clap’ (video here) and more tickles and giggles
- Picking up the pottery that my friend, Danielle (of Project 3×5), and I painted from Mad Potter – I love our new ‘Isla’ mug and ‘I’ plate (a gift from Dani)!
- Having a cousin play date with Ana (Isla’s cousin who is just under a month younger!)
- Two shopping trips to Gap – I am loving their clothes lately! For Isla and for me!
- Ordering a dress for Isla’s first birthday party (don’t worry, that’s all I’ve done – I just had to have it!)
- Getting to ‘do’ bath time as Sasha was in North Dakota for work all week – it’s his responsibility normally, but I love getting to bathe Isla
My brain isn’t fully functioning right now after a long day, so if I’m forgetting something that we did together, my sincere apologies. I promise it was a highlight too 🙂 Lots of iPhone photos this week, as my DSLR didn’t get much action given everything going on.
Serious blowout + no change of clothes at my parent’s house resulted in Isla wearing my little sister’s old smock dress!Some goat cheese + a little #bts action for yesterday’s post