Can it be Friday already, please? Although there is no such thing as sleeping in on the weekends with a baby, Monday mornings still make me feel so much more tired than a Saturday or Sunday. I wake up extra early to catch up on emails and to write this post before sweet Isla wakes up. I had the best weekend ever in Austin, celebrating the marriage of two incredible friends. Sophee and I have gone to school together since elementary, but only became best friends when we lived together at The University of Texas at Austin. I adore her. Both Sophee and Johnny are the most loving, thoughtful and selfless humans on this planet, and it was so evident that everyone felt that way about them throughout the weekend. I’m going to share more photos of the bridal brunch, rehearsal and wedding later this week, but am including a few sneak peeks this morning.
Although last week was a busy week with wedding prep for my friends Brittany and Amanda, as I finished an entire set of wedding envelopes and worked on welcome brochures and cocktail menu signs, I did make time for a few additional fun activities like having Sasha’s two cousins, Kristina and Bobby, over for dinner at our house on Thursday.
Other highlights included:
- Eating breakfast with my longest-lasting-best-friend, Alisdair, at Kerbey Lane in Austin (kind of like we did last year!). We grew up together in Scotland, then he moved to Texas for our senior year of high school and stayed another 6 years! He moved back to Scotland over two years ago and is currently visiting. We’re having a big get-together at our house to celebrate tonight!
- Attending Isla’s first swimming class at our local pool, Dad’s Club – it was not the highlight of her week, let’s just say that. Our instructor said it’s normal for them to cry during their first session, so I’m definitely looking forward to when she starts to enjoy the class! And there are only three babies/moms, and one of them coincidentally is our friend, Nina!
- Running with Isla a number of times while using her new lion neck pillow that I found on Amazon – I used to worry about her neck being uncomfortable while we ran, and I am so excited to have found this! She loves it.
- Picking up our visas from the Russian consulate – it’s official! We are going to St. Petersburg! And planning an Australia/New Zealand trip for January 2016! It’s not booked yet, but we’re heading to the Australian Open next year. I’m beyond excited.
- Visiting sweet baby Kerr – he slept the whole time. Julie said he is only awake 45 minutes to an hour a day. What?? I know. I am bringing out next baby over to her house and making her do some sort of sleep-vibe-transfer.
- Getting a new ficus delivered for our bedroom from Houston Interior Plants – I want one in every single room. Seriously! I love adding a pop of green plant life to our house.
- Clapping, waving, and high fives all day, every day. Isla is obsessed with all three. And she will mimic whatever I do with my tongue now, whether that be wiggle it from side to side or make klacking noises. She things it’s hilarious, and I do too.
- Getting my nails done at Paradise Nails, while Sasha’s mom spent time with Isla after Laura, our nanny left. I used to enjoy getting my nails done more than I do now, as I’m always wondering what Isla is up to, but I still love a good foot soak and back massage!