I am a very Type A prepared person, so you’d better believe I had my hospital bag packed and ready to go a month before my due date. I seriously laugh at what I packed now, as I had way too much stuff – for both me and Isla. If you’ve picked a good hospital, you’ll get most of your essential items while you’re there (diapers, wipes, sanitary napkins, etc.). Most hospitals offer tours during which they’ll explain what you really need to bring for you and the baby. I would say the most important thing to remember is the car seat, as they won’t let you go home without it!
Although I am by no means an expert mom already, I do know what I’ll be bringing to the hospital for baby #2 – just the essentials (i.e. not 6 different outfit options like last time!). My friend, Julie, raved that her large L.L.Bean Boat and Tote Bag is perfect for a baby’s hospital bag. L.L.Bean kindly sent me one to try, and I agree with Julie – I love it. It is really sturdy, has a top zipper, and fits everything you need to bring (even the Dr. Brown’s Gia Nursing Pillow!).
When it comes to baby’s clothing/accessories, Carter’s has the best selection of every single baby essential item, which includes swaddle blankets, mittens, hats, socks, sleeper gowns, long-sleeved onesies, footed pajamas and pacifier clips. Even if you’re ‘against’ pacifiers like my husband once was (he’s definitely changed his opinion now!), I recommend bringing a few MAM pacifiers just in case. Trust me: This is all you need. I’ve listed a few optional items below as well, but if you stick with the ‘necessities’ list, you’re golden.
- Customized L.L.Bean Boat and Tote Bag (Large)
- Carter’s muslin swaddle blankets (Boy or Girl)
- Carter’s mittens (Boy or Girl)
- Carter’s socks (Boy or Girl)
- Carter’s hats (Boy, Girl, or Neutral)
- Carter’s sleeper gown (Boy or Girl)
- Carter’s footed pajamas (Boy or Girl)
- Two Carter’s long-sleeved onesies (Boy or Girl)
- MAM pacifiers and Carter’s Clip
- Dr. Brown’s Gia Nursing Pillow and Cover
- Monogrammed slippers or blankets – we love Seaside Stitchery!
- Personalized baby book for guests to sign (and to photograph!) – we love Emily Ley’s!
- Diapers, wipes, rash cream (or use those provided by the hospital!) – we love Honest Co.!
And the best part of all is that L.L.Bean, Carter’s, Dr. Brown’s and MAM have all partnered with Snapshots & My Thoughts to offer one lucky reader an entire baby hospital bag set, which includes every single ‘necessity’ item. The winner will get to choose between the boy or girl options (or gender neutral) and pick the color and monogram of their L.L.Bean Boat and Tote Bag. I’m so jealous! I would have loved this for Isla! The giveaway ends on Friday, April 24 at 11:59pm. Good luck!
Who would you want to win this for? If you’ve got a friend who is expecting or trying, please send them the link to the giveaway!