It’s Monday, and for the first time in what feels like two weeks, there is a zero percent chance of rain all day long. During the entire weekend, Houston was hit with serious scattered thunderstorms that left the city like a swamp, threatening the family photos that I was supposed to take on Saturday morning. Thankfully, we were able to reschedule for Sunday morning, and after moving our location from one part of Memorial Park to another (the gorgeous Arboretum!) to avoid marsh lands, we managed to knock out some gorgeous photos of an even more beautiful family. I cannot wait to share more of Lainey’s photos later this week! She’s seriously a doll.
Other highlights from the week included:
- Eating dinner at Tiny’s No. 5 with four incredibly talented ladies (Jenny Lake of A Fine Flourish, Meredith Staggers of Cake and Confetti, Brittany Williams of Makeup Texas, and Christina Frederick of Christina Leigh Events) to discuss an exciting project within the Houston creative circle – I cannot wait to share more details once they’re hammered out!
- Another fun event at Blush and Brush, where six of us (Michelle of Michelle Able Photography, Jenny Lake of A Fine Flourish, Meredith Staggers of Cake and Confetti, Christie of KiKiMac and Uncork Events and Kim of Champagneista) got blowouts and makeup lessons while sipping on mimosas (how I want to spend every Sunday!)
- Having one of my good friends, Joy, over for dinner and getting to meet her incredibly sweet and funny boyfriend, Kamyar – you’ve heard me talk about Joy before when I’ve shared my love of her company Priya!
- Going to my best friend’s home for lunch and eating from one of our favorite spots – Cafe Brasil while gushing over the Pink Peonies ring that McKenzie bought me for my birthday! I am obsessed.
- Wandering around Biscuit Home during their semiannual sale and lusting at everything in the whole store (I even Facetimed Sasha on the golf course to see if he liked this duvet, which was on sale – apparently it’s too girly? Ha). I found this colorful, eco friendly tea cup set, which we bought for Caroline, whose party we went to on Saturday at Wonderwild (I cannot wait to take Isla here when she can jump around!).
- Catching up with two high school friends, Randi and Lauren, over lunch at our house from Corner Bakery Cafe – they both have gorgeous baby girls (Lennon, 4 weeks and Charlotte, 6 months – photos below). It was definitely one of the best moments of the week!
- Isla’s swim class was canceled due to pool maintenance, so she kept busy with The Little Gym and Fundamentally Music, and other playdates that our nanny arranged with her friends.
- Getting the most beautiful package in the mail from Shop Sweet Lulu filled with colorful pretties for Isla’s party!
- Finally, at long last, starting our 2015 Shutterfly book. I’ve made an annual book for the last four or five years, and normally I keep it constantly updated, but that has not happened this year. I’m all caught up and feel so relieved about it!
- Chatted to one of my favorite people ever, Andrew, about his new company – I was playing the role of a research participant and felt very official. It made me very grateful to have a healthy baby! I cannot wait to share more details about his company when they’re ready to launch!
- Finally, at long last, our new bed arrived! We sold our old one ages ago and have been sleeping on the floor on our mattress, so we feel like kings now! You can see my inspiration post here. We’ve got a couple more things to do to the room, then I’ll share photos!
- I finished Landline by Rainbow Rowell, which I enjoyed reading, but I’ll admit that I didn’t love it quite as much as Rainbow’s other books, Eleanor and Park and Attachments. I shared my reading lists this summer (here and here), and I’m back in the reading game. Suggestions welcome, please!
- Visits from my little sister, Jill, Sasha’s mom and dad, and my mom – all of our family live in Houston, except Sasha’s sister who lives in San Francisco! I want her to move back or for us to move there (hint, hint, Sasha). She saw Julia Engel on Saturday walking with a friend – I would love this sort of ‘celebrity’ spotting!
How was your week? What were your highlights? Also, the winner of The Monogram Shop giveaway is Sydney A.! Congratulations!
Finally! Someone who thinks I’m funny.My Elsa braid (tutorial here)Ummm, darling. Where is that pen from?