I made some pretty big decisions this week, which I’ll share when things are finalized later this week, so my mental and emotional condition was all over the place. Add this to the fact that Isla caught herpangina, which is a mouth virus causing ulcers and fever, and I’d say that I am actually excited that today is Monday, and we’re starting afresh (although I think she may still have an ear infection – we’re going back to the doctor today). I’m very grateful that Isla has not been sick until this point, and I am praying that it doesn’t happen again any time soon, as it breaks my heart to see her feel so miserable.
This week, I am feeling especially grateful for our wonderful friends. I got to see some friends I hadn’t seen in awhile, which his always fun. Wine, games, good food and deep belly laughs. I couldn’t ask for more.
My favorite moments this week were:
- Catching up with two former coworkers-turned-friends at Ruggles Green – deep belly laughs over a Texas Goat Cheese Salad with wine is my ideal night.
- Going to the Derby party at Julep (it was gorgeous), which was styled by my friend, Meredith of Cake & Confetti, and Ashley of Sugar and Cloth (who is seriously the sweetest) – both of whom I got to see on Sunday at the Social Media and Branding Workshop held by Ashley and Christian of 1924. First, I am obsessed with that studio. Second, they are amazing. I’m so motivated to up my social media game, especially with the launch of my photography business in a few weeks!
- Picking up goodies at The Monogram Shop and Paper Source and finishing up a design project for Isla’s party – we leave for Paris and St. Petersburg in less than three weeks, and get back with less than a week before her party! I’ve got to finish prepping soon.
- Trying a new restaurant – Buff Burger – that is near our house. We loved it! Their veggie burger is delicious!
- Having two of our favorite friends over – Philip and Sydney – for dinner at the house (Whole Foods pizza, aren’t we good hosts? Ha!) and then playing Taboo afterwards. I love game night, and we had such a good time (although the girls lost – better luck next time!!).
- Meeting with my fellow creative ladies at Adair Kitchen for more secretive planning – I’m bursting at the seems to share details and get everyone in Houston involved! Not too long now.
- Signing up for a few new exciting photography shoots – including some for The Fancy Ashley! Pretty excited for what’s ahead.
How was your week? What were your highlights?
She is obsessed with dried mangoSnapshots from the gorgeous Sugar and Cloth studio Isla adores goat cheeseUndressing herself… what a mess!Celebrating Jenny’s birthday at Adair Kitchen (with Sprinkles!)