I love a good holiday weekend, especially one with perfectly sunny weather. We had a really great week, mainly because of some exciting news: I have decided to retire (ha) from Accenture and become a part stay-at-home-mom and part photographer (still have lots to learn!). I’m currently working on my website (waiting on a header!), then I’ll share more details soon. I’m very excited to see what God has in store for our little family in the future, especially regarding my career.
I made the decision to quit two Fridays ago, which was really tough as we loved our nanny. Ultimately, this was the best thing for us to do for our family, and I feel really confident in our choice (and she found a new loving home and starts today!). To make me feel ever more assured that we did the right thing, I booked a number of newborn photo shoots last week, as well as shot some professional photos for a former client of mine and signed up to be Ashley of Fancy Ashley‘s new photographer (see some photos below). I’m bursting at the seems to share website details – everything should be ready in a few weeks! If you want any family photos taken, let me know!
Other than spending the most gorgeous Sunday with my family celebrating my first Mother’s Day, the other highlights from our week included:
- Having Sasha’s dad, his wife and her mother (who was visiting from Serbia) over for dinner on Monday. Olivera prepared food and brought it over, which was very delicious and easy for me!
- Catching up with my good friend, Melissa, over dinner at our house on Wednesday – the meal and conversation were fantastic, but Isla’s inability to go to sleep was not quite as good (thank goodness she’s not sick and back on schedule now!).
- Starting a new 12 week workout plan that I’m super excited about – the Bikini Body Guide (or BBG) by Kayla Itsines (cue me being sore all week long). Follow Kayla on Instagram and you’ll be totally convinced it works!
- Booking a flight to Oklahoma City in mid-June to take “two generations of bestie” photos with one of my best friends, her daughter, and a favorite photographer of mine, Jessa Kae – I’m so excited!
- Seeing that Rachel Parcell of Pink Peonies chose the first and middle name I suggested for her baby girl – Isla Rose! Click here to see the post where she asked for recommendations – pretty cool, right?
- Meeting Sasha for lunch on Wednesday at Zoe’s Kitchen on a total whim – it seriously made my day! Isla and I love seeing him during the workday.
- Finding the most gorgeous pink peonies at the new Whole Foods on Voss! I adore peony season!
- Picking up Isla’s birthday cards from the insanely creative ladies at Papellerie – Riley did the best job ever with them, and I’m dying to get them in the mail! I’ll share details soon!
- Having Isla’s three grandmas babysit on different days – we are so lucky to have them all in Houston!
- Meeting my friend, Meredith of Cake and Confetti, at Memorial Park on Saturday to talk business strategies (and life, let’s get real) and then picking up Buff Burger on the way home for lunch (their veggie burger is so tasty and Sasha loves the grass fed burger!).
- Taking a dip twice in one week, as Isla had her regular swim class at Dad’s Club on Thursday and a makeup class on Friday (that Sasha came to!). I’m so glad that Isla enjoys class now!
- Enjoying lunch (and a French 75!) at Adair Kitchen with my friend, Alexis – I love getting to catch up and talk work, life and babies (oh, and Kardashians).
- Celebrating my dad’s retirement (another babysitter! Yay!) and an early Mother’s Day with my family on Friday – we ate Fajita Pete’s, which is absolutely delicious. Their veggie fajitas are so good.
- Having a quiet Saturday night (a rarity!) – we cooked dinner, watched 30 for 30 The Best That Never Was (which I recommend) and ate TCBY (my favorite!).
What were the highlights of your week? How did you celebrate Mother’s Day yesterday?
Sneak peak of Fancy Ashley’s photos!
The best way to know Tata has been babysitting? Isla, wearing a UT onesie. She fell asleep while nursing and this was the best I could do!Demolishing Buff Burger after an intense bike rideBecause let’s get real, this girl loves being naked