The big week is finally here – we leave for Europe on Thursday, and while I’ve been preparing for months, there are still a ton of last minute things that need to be taken care of. Like… actually quitting my job, which is a big on! I have an exit interview this week, and I have to go and turn in my badge and laptop. The only thing that is totally done is packing! We took care of that on Saturday night, which is a big thing off our check list. And of course, there was the typical passport scare (how do I always misplace them?).
The past week was full of playdates and lunches with friends, which I love so much. We are so blessed with the wonderful people in our lives.
The highlights of this week included:
- Finding out more about an upcoming collaboration with Decorist, which I’m really excited about. Just as Sasha thinks we’re done with changes to the house after we finish our master bedroom, I’m throwing a curve ball by re-fiddling our entry/living room. I cannot wait to share the process with you!
- Meeting two of my closest (and longest-lasting) friends, McKenzie and Brittany, for lunch at Dish Society. We’ve been best friends since elementary (17 years and counting), and we always have the greatest giggles. I love them to pieces, and Isla does too. It’s such a joy seeing them interact.
- Going to Isla’s The Little Gym class – we had to miss for two weeks while she was sick, and before that, our nanny was taking her. I was very ready to be playing on the gymnastics equipment with her, blowing bubbles and doing flips.
- A visit from my newest ‘bestie,’ Meredith, who is helping with Isla’s party. She is the owner of Cake & Confetti (on Instagram), and I love every single creative idea she’s thrown at me. I cannot wait to celebrate on June 6!
- Getting a surprise visit from my little sister, Jill, who brought over a juice from Big Yoga’s new juice bar. It was delicious, and I need to go myself!
- Taking Isla’s first birthday photos with Paige of Awake Photography at T.C. Jester Park on Friday. She sent them to me that same day (I love her), and I’ve already ordered the Shutterfly book, which guests will sign at her party (order now for 50% off with code ‘Celebrate’)!
- Getting my makeup done by the incredibly talented Brittany Williams (I cannot wait to share details about her new business!) – she’s the sweetest friend ever and came over at 6am on the day we were taking family photos. I love her to pieces. We then went to lunch later at Adair Kitchen in the day and met our other ‘bestie,’ Jessica.
- Celebrating Lainey’s first birthday with the cutest party at her house. I loved all of the little lady bug details (a nod to her nickname, Lainey Bug), and especially her silhouette from Biscuit Home.
- Eating lunch at Yard House with our friends, Alexis and Mike, and their sweet little boy Kevin (who you’ve seen before here, here, here and here).
- Going on a triple date (plus Isla!) to True Food Kitchen with Amanda, Scott, Taylor and Luke (all featured in this post!). I love these two couples so much.
- Sneaking in a visit to Crave Cupcakes for a vegan cupcake for Isla’s cake smash (I sprayed it with water and rolled the icing in sprinkles!). They definitely have the best vegan red velvet cupcake in Houston.
- Fighting the Texas heat with a dip in the pool for Isla’s swim class at Dad’s Club. The lessons are now outdoors, and it’s literally the only opportunity I have to get a tan. Killing two birds with one stone!
- Finally making my way back to Life Time Fitness after a hiatus with Isla being too sick to take to day care. I’m doing my BBG workouts there, and loving them so far!
- Having a playdate with our sweet friends, Emma and Alexander. He is seriously a doll. I love him! He’s two weeks younger than Isla, and already says, “Hiya.” Cue my heart melting.
- Treating myself to a Drybar visit. I watched The Notebook while sipping champagne and getting my hair done. That’s seriously my idea of heaven.
- Hearing Derrick preach at Bayou City Fellowship about suffering. It was so good. We sang the most beautiful songs – ‘Come and See’ by Matt and Cameron Hammon and ‘Good Good Father’ by Housefires II.
- I told my sweet neighbor that I missed reading the Houston Chronicle, and the next day, she put her copy on my door mat. It was the best surprise all week.
- Getting my new Johansen Totes camera bag in the mail, as well as my second lens for my new Canon Mark III – a 24-70mm f/2.8L. I am loving it so far. I already purchased the 50mm f/1.2L, and adore it. So anxious to finalize details about my new photography venture!
- Celebrating my mother-in-law’s birthday on Wednesday and having her babysit twice!
What were the highlights of your week? I would love to know. Have a great Monday!
Isla’s first birthday photos by Paige of Awake Photography (more on Instagram!) Picking flowers outside True Food Kitchen Sneak peek of one of Fancy Ashley’s outfitsHey boy, hey.Alexander and those gorgeous big eyes (insert heart-eye emoji!) Packing some of my new finds for Paris and St. Petersburg Apples and almond butter for the win! Up, up, up! She’s always grabbing my legs. Some calligraphy for a friend’s friend’s baby shower!Behind-the-scenes shots from the photoshoot on FridayThese four photos make my heart so incredibly happy