In December, I shared my baby registry guide, which included all of the essential items for babies ages 0-6 months. Now that Isla is a year old, I’ve looked back on the list to see what new items would be needed for 6-12 months, and there aren’t many. Besides eating apparatuses, like clever bowls, spoons, cups, and snack containers, the list of items to buy isn’t enormous (hooray!). I’ve rounded up a few of our new favorite products that are appropriate for this age range, and I’m sharing details below.
After reading through, I would love to hear from other mamas about which products you’ve tried recently and love? Mom word-of-mouth is always the best!
- Boon Suds Bottle Washer: As I begin the process of weaning Isla off breastmilk (begin is key here), I’m starting to introduce her to almond milk. So after not using bottles for months and months, we’ve pulled them out from the cabinets and are filling them up. Anyone who has cleaned bottles before knows how frustrating it is not to be able to easily clean down to the bottom, but with the Boon Suds washer, you put the bottle inside the scrubber and push down and it cleans the entire container really well (and scooshes water up, like a car wash). Watch this video for a demonstration. I highly recommend this – it doesn’t take up much space and the dishwasher will not get the milk stains off the same way!
- Camelbak Eddy Kids Water Bottle: Ah, Isla’s favorite bottle ever. It took her a bit of time to be able to figure out bottles with straws, but when she got it, she was never going back. She adores the Camelbak bottle, and I think it’s definitely the most spill-proof of all her water bottles. Plus, we’re a Camelbak family, so it’s cute to all have matching bottles.
- Nuby toothbrushes: Isla is now brushing her teeth twice a day – after breakfast and right before bed. We’re loving the four stage Nuby toothbrush set that includes rubber bristled brushes and a regular toothbrush that we’re used to. It works for newborns (pre-teeth), and you move through the set as they develop more teeth. Isla loves chomping on the rubber bristles, as they feel good on sore, teething gums.
- Munchkin Snack Catchers: These are the best ever. Isla loves, loves, loves Goldfish and Annie’s Cheese Bunnies for snacks, and she’ll tote her little catcher around while she waddles through the house. They prevent snacks from falling out, but are really easy to reach into (these more than other ones we’ve tried). I’ve also heard the Munchie Mug (with fabric versus plastic) is amazing.
- Chicco Nextfit: We kept Isla in her Chicco Keyfit 30 until a week ago, so this is a short-lived review, but we love it so far (mainly because Isla loves it). She has so much more space for her legs and head, and never makes a peek when I put her in it. She loves being higher up (and watching herself in her mirror). The only issue I have is that I’m so nervous about her falling asleep and me not being able to carry her in the carseat inside. This happens so much less these days, that it’s not going to be much of an issue though.
- mybaby Spa Sound on-the-go: As I mentioned here, this sound machine is amazing. We bought it for Europe, but have been using it since we got home too. There is a timer option, but we’ve been using it all night long. There are different sound options, but Isla loves the classical music the best. This is a great buy.
- Noodlehead Neck Pillow: Ahh, my favorite. Isla’s lion neck pillow (first debuted here). Every other day, Isla and I go running together, and she inevitably falls asleep by the end (and wakes up quickly upon arriving home). I was always so nervous about her neck and used to roll up blankets for her to lean on, so when I found this neck pillow, it was a game changer. She adores her lion (so I do too!).
- Bumbo Multi Seat: We never had a Bumbo seat, but received one recently and have been using it at the dinner table so that Isla can be on the same level as us. We love it (and she does too), but I will admit that using it on our cream suede chairs was a rookie mistake at first. The girl throws absolutely everything on the floor, and we had a clean up effort. This is definitely a good step-up from the high seat if your kiddo is ready for it!
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen: I’ve researched and researched baby sunscreen, as we’re out and about all of the time and Isla is exposed to a lot of sunshine – this one is the best! We love it. And the claim that it ‘won’t run into eyes and sting’ is so true. Isla wears it all of the time and has never had runny or irritated eyes.
- Wellements Baby Teeth Relief: Sweet little Isla was cutting both her top two front teeth on our recent trip to Europe. I am so glad I brought this teeth relief ointment. I put a dot on her pacifier, give it to her, she’ll suck for a second then spit it right now (never fails). It does the job, as it’ll get on her top gums. This stuff works. Of course, we both tried it on our gums, and it makes them feel sort of cooled/numb. I swear by this stuff!
I received some of these products for my review, but all of the opinions featured in the post are my own.