After Meredith (Owner of Cake & Confetti) whipped up a delicious (and rather stiff!) Texas cocktail for 5 O’Clock Fashionistas last week (which I photographed), we thought… why not make this a weekly thing? Genius, right? Ha. Instead of bringing you a typical bar cocktail, which includes ten or more fancy ingredients and is loaded with calories, Meredith had the genius idea of having a low-calorie cocktail series made with four or less ingredients. I obviously loved the idea!
So the first cocktail in the series is a Strawberry Hibiscus Hard Lemonade made with kombucha, lemon vodka and lemon juice. It is delicious. I literally slurped it down in a matter of minutes (I think Meredith added less vodka in my drink because I’m a baby!). It’s so light and refreshing, and perfect for a hot summer day.
- 4 oz Clearly Kombucha Strawberry Hibiscus (available at Whole Foods or Fresh Market)
- 2 oz Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka (you can substitute another lemon vodka or use 1 part lemon juice to 2 parts regular vodka)
- Juice from half a lemon or 1 tablespoon of pure lemon concentrate
- Optional: Strawberries & Lemon slices to garnish
- Pour vodka over a glass filled with ice.
- Add kombucha and lemon juice to glass.
- Stir with straw and garnish with fresh fruit to enhance the flavor.
So what are your thoughts? Will you give it a try? Any special cocktail requests? We’re excited about this series and hope you are too! xo