How is this our last full week in September? Oh goodness, time flies. I’m torn between sadness over summer disappearing quickly and excitement over the fact that Christmas is only 94 days away! I am already ready to pull our tree out of the attic and get all set up!
Yesterday, Sasha, Isla and I met our friends Jenny and Bailey at our neighborhood park for a fun picnic shoot, from which I’ll share photos tomorrow. It was definitely one of the best points of the week, which was filled with a lot of activity. Sasha was out of town for Friday through mid-day Sunday, and it made me have a whole lot more respect for single-parent households!
I am incredibly grateful for my friends, Jessica and Amanda (and Scott too!), who babysat Isla this week while I was working. Sasha’s mom, aunt and grandma also watched her, which is such a blessing (or #blessing, as Sasha would say). We are so lucky to have such loving people in our lives!
Some of the highlights from this week included:
- Going to Story Time at the Cy-Fair Library with my friends, Destiny and Kristen, and their little ones – we had such a good time (and lots of laughs). I cannot wait to go again!
- Shooting an Elaine Turner x Hotel ZaZa collaboration with Lauren Mills, Brittany Boone and Alex Carreno on Saturday morning. It was nice meeting them in person (all so sweet). We even discovered that Alex and my little sister were friends while at The University of Texas at Austin. You can read about the fun giveaway on their blogs and Elaine Turner’s site (Houston and Dallas).
- A follow up dentist visit with my friend, Dr. Matthew Nickolas, who is helping rid me of TMJ! My mouthguard, as dorky as it may be, is working, and I’m so happy! If you’re looking for a dentist in Houston, go to visit him!
- A trip (or two) to Big Juice. I was making my own juices for two weeks, but it takes a lot of time and ingredients, so I won’t give up on Big Juice just yet!
- Visiting The Monogram Shop (three times in one week!) and shooting for their new website, which is going to be gorgeous! I’m so excited to be a part of this.
- Meeting Destiny downtown to photograph five looks for her blog – Truly Destiny. She is genuinely the most beautiful human on this planet and truly is as sweet as she is pretty.
- Shooting my gorgeous friend, Jessica, for her blog – Feather Thread. We met at CityCentre and roamed around (avoiding all of the construction!). I am so proud of how much she’s already accomplished!
- Going to visit Sasha’s dad on Tuesday evening at his house in Cypress for his birthday. Isla was having a grand ole time running around outside with their two big dogs. She loves animals so much!
- Going to LifeTime for BBG, but admittedly not often enough. It was a busy week, and I’m ready to get back on track now!
- Meeting Meg and a handful of other amazing ladies for a shoot for Ovarian Cancer Awareness – more to come! Cannot wait to read her book on this topic! The photos were taken by the talented Rocio Carlon.
- Picking up items from cuteheads and Miss J’s Sugar Cookies for the picnic shoot tomorrow! I had never met Jessie before, and albeit a brief rendez-vous, you can just tell she is the sweetest.
- Worshipping on Sunday at Bayou City Fellowship and seeing one of our friends up on stage leading! Rob killed it!
- Eating brunch with my friends, Amanda and Taylor, and Isla at Benjy’s – if you were following along on Snapchat (@AileePetrovic), you will have seen her snuggling up to the 20-something-year-old guy sitting next to us. Ooh la la!
- Having friends over for dinner two nights in a row! We had Patrick, Paola and Guillermo (remember this wedding in Mexico City?) over on Thursday and I was begging them not to leave, even thought it was past midnight! I miss them!! I had my high school friend whom I hadn’t seen in 6 years over for dinner on Friday, and we had the best time catching up!
What were the highlights of your week?
Bailey is the cutest thing ever! After spilling cold coffee all over herself… Ha!