Happy fall, y’all! Can you believe that last Wednesday was the first official day? Have you bought a pumpkin yet? Brought out your Halloween decor? Drank a Pumpkin Spice Lattee? Worn a sweater? If you live near us in Houston, you’ll likely only have done max one of those things, given that it’s still hot-hot-hot.
We spent a few hours yesterday in our front yard doing gardening before Sasha decided it was miserable and that we should get someone else to do it (fine by me!). I’ve had a few dedicated yard days since we bought the house three years ago, but all were pre-Isla and while Sasha was in class, so it was just me working. I could never convince Sasha to get yard men to do the planting until he actually got his hands dirty! I would consider that a win (ha!).
Some of the highlights from our past week include:
- Eating at Sweet Paris not once but twice – once with Megan and Olivia for brunch and on Saturday morning with Sasha! I got the Vegan and then a vegan parfait one, both are absolutely delicious! I could likely go every single day (and probably gain 25 pounds by doing so!).
- Photographing a DEFINE Body shoot for next month’s Breast Cancer Awareness month
- Meeting Elly Brown at CityCentre on Monday to shoot three outfits for her blog – Uptown with Elly Brown. She is so gorgeous!
- Treating ourselves to a little Jamba Juice at Greenway Plaza while waiting on Sasha’s car being serviced (why does it always take 2x longer than promised?).
- Going to Target for laundry detergent and lightbulbs and leaving with about 23 other things, including new blue pillows for our long couch!
- Having a hair consultation with my stylist, Eric Vaughn, for a chop and Keratin treatment on Tuesday – then eating lunch next door at Salata.
- Briefly meeting up with my friend, Joy, to give back Priya jewelry!
- Going to the Houston Garden Center and Home Depot on Sunday afternoon to buy a ton of flowers, grass and ivy to redo our front yard, which has been severely neglected by me. After working for four hours, Sasha decided to outsource the work, and we’re getting an estimate on Tuesday! Ha. Gardening is not our thing!
- Shooting with Kim Myers of Champagneista on Sunday evening at Highland Village.
- Watching two movies (even one would be rare!) throughout the week – The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Aquatic Life of Steve Zissou – they took us 6 nights to finish, but we loved both, mainly the former! Wes Anderson is amazing.
- Going to Isla’s swim class at The Dad’s Club, which is for sure a highlight every week. Isla loves the water! It’s hard to get her to stay out of the water when she’s dressed and ready to go home!
- Photographing an Uncork event at the JW Marriott downtown and finally meeting the sweet and trendy Magen Pastor after following each other on social media for awhile! The event was so fun (loved catching up with friends!).
- Testing technology with Meredith at my house and dying laughing over Google Effects – she caught the best photo ever of Isla wearing a monocle and having a halo. Hangouts are the best!
- Running into my friend, Melissa, at Lifetime and convincing her to do the crazy BBG arm workout with me! She’s so fit! She then ran something crazy like 18 miles on the treadmill the next morning!
- Playing tennis with Sasha at his mom’s neighborhood courts, while she watched Isla. I am not very good (understatement), so I had a lot of learning points from Sasha. Why is it always harder to be coached by your husband than anyone else? Ha!
- Going to a wedding at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church on Saturday where Isla’s Christening was held. It was great seeing almost all of Sasha’s family, and the bride, Iva, looked stunning. My best friend, McKenzie, babysat while we were gone, and she did the most amazing French braid in Isla’s hair.
- Getting one of our new favorite restaurants – Garbanzos – delivered to the house (I love delivery!!!). Garbanzos is the mediterranean version of Chipotle! We’re obsessed.
- Meeting Sasha for lunch at Zoe’s Kitchen on Thursday after swim class and sneaking off to buy some things from Carter’s (which is next door). I got some new sparkly black shoes, which I love! It’s so nice getting to sneak in a lunch with Sasha during the week!
- Having a fun little balloon party after buying another helium tank. Isla freaks out when she sees balloons – she LOVES them. I tied them to a candy bracelet, and she waved her hand around like crazy and was dying laughing at the noise.
- Finally getting the last pieces for our bedroom and photographing it (post here).
- Buying our first pumpkin of the fall, which Isla kept calling a “ball” and throwing it. I imagine it’ll be nice and smooshed inside.
- Buying new fall clothes at Gap including a fun French poodle sweater for Isla (similar here) – ready for it to be a tad cooler!
- Booking 10 family sessions in one week (which had a lot to do with this!) – I cannot believe I’m saying this, but I only have a few weekend days left in October and November, so email me now if you’re interested! Go to SnapshotsbyAileePetrovic.com for pricing details!
What were the highlights of your week?
#MCM (Man Crush Monday, for sure!) Isla with Sasha’s mom! This is a before photo for the pink flowers we planted!