It looks like Tuesday Week in Reviews may be the new thing for a few weeks, as Isla and I are heading to San Francisco this weekend to visit my sister-in-law, one of my closest friends, and a few of my favorite people whom I’m never met 🙂 Isn’t the internet a wonderful thing? I’ve got dates planned with Jillian, Annie and Kristy, and I could not be any more excited about seeing all of these wonderful ladies.
- Taking photographs for the cover of January’s Buzz Magazines – this publication is sent to all homes in River Oaks, Tanglewood, Memorial, Bellaire and West U., so it was an exciting project! I cannot wait to get my hands on the various copies!
- Photographing Lyndsey and her two gorgeous girls for a holiday collaboration she is doing with a very fun brand – I cannot wait for her to post the pictures!
- Going to swim class and showing Coach Alicia Isla’s new trick of blowing bubbles under water – we’ve practiced every week for months, but she’s only now doing it (and not just drinking the pool water!).
- Getting the MacBook I got while I was in college re-booted by installing a new hard drive and battery, and getting it re-imaged at the Apple store… it literally is as good as new and cost about $150! I can finally work on the couch next to Sasha versus having to always be at my desk! I’m seriously so excited.
- Attending a Villa Wanderlust party that is hosted by two amazingly talented ladies – Sarrah of La Mochi and Joy of Priya –
- Going to our nephew’s party at Wonderwild and watching all of the kids bounce, slide and play together.
- Taking family photos for an old sorority sister of mine, Sarahbeth, at Lost Lake; a friend’s sister-in-law, Lindsay, on Rice’s campus; my sister-in-law’s high school friend’s sister, Elizabeth, at the Arboretum; Sasha’s co-worker, Rosie, at The Houstonian; and my friend, Ellen, at Briargrove Park. I am almost done with family photos for the year – just a few left when we get back from California!
- Celebrating Olivia’s 3rd birthday party at the cutest little indoor party place called Giggles & Fun. She was so excited about her cake (which made sense because it was beautiful!).
- Taking photos for Caroline at her house and getting to snap a few of her adorable son, Knox, too!
- Having Sunday brunch at Sweet Paris in Rice Village with my two favorite people! Isla was very strategically picking out all of the strawberries from her Nutella crepe – such a healthy little lady 😉
- Going to the Cake & Confetti workshop, which was so much fun! We got to decorate adorable little cakes, make garlands, eat lots of cheese, drink cocktails, and learn hostess and beauty tips!
- Celebrating Destiny’s 24th birthday (such a baby!) at Ruggles Green on Monday! Then she jet-setted off to Utah, then Vegas, then SF right after. Looking forward to her being back this week!
- Taking photos for Elly at River Oaks District. She is absolutely flawless, and I love snapping her photos. These photos were some of my favorites we’ve done so far!
- Having my very best friend over for dinner and tree decorating on Monday. She is moving to Chicago and I’m so excited for her, but so selfishly sad! We’re having a going away dinner celebrating for her in a few weeks, and I need to bring my Kleenex.
How was your week? Are you ready for Christmas? It’s only 16 days away! I’ve got a lot to do before then!