How does Monday arrive so quickly? I think every weekend needs to be at least three days – we love having Sasha at home! We had a busy week and traveled all over the great state of Texas, so decided to do very little yesterday, and it was pure bliss. I’ve already started packing for Australia because I am a) very OCD, b) an overpacker and packing early is a tactic to slowly remove unnecessary items, and c) so excited about a beach vacation! I haven’t sunk my feet in the sand since we went to Bali on our honeymoon in 2013!
Some highlights from the past week include:
- Spending Serbian Christmas Eve at the Serbian Orthodox Church in Galveston, and then celebrating the following day at our Aunt Zlata’s house with all of the family – it was such a great evening. It’s always nice to have all of the family in one city! Sadly, we started taking down Christmas decor that evening when we got home. I was sad to see it go, but ready to have our house back in order!
- Taking photos for my gorgeous sister-in-law, Ivana, and Bob downtown and at Memorial Park – I am dying to share every single photo, but we’ve got to keep some of them mum for now!
- Having a spa day at the Houstonian Spa (Trellis) with Destiny – we both got facials (which were amazing), then spent time in the sauna before heading to lunch at True Food Kitchen.
- Heading to Austin for a day trip to celebrate Sasha’s grandma’s 85th birthday and his Aunt and Uncle’s Slava. It was a lot of fun, although 6 hours in the car with Isla and very little sleep made us slightly nervous about next week’s long flight to Melbourne from LA. Thank goodness for amazing mamas on Instagram who shared helpful toddler travel tips!
- Taking blog photos for Destiny, Alex and Caroline – three of the sweetest ladies! Love spending time with them.
- Meeting Esther and Naomi at Discovery Green for pictures for her collaboration for Everlane – I love this momma/daughter duo!
- Having an impromptu park date with Megan, Kristen and Destiny! It’s hard to have real adult conversations with toddlers running around, but Isla and I still had a great time.
- Spending much of Sunday at home after a crazy week of being all over the place. We rarely have quite days at the house, and we all loved it. Sasha and I watched the Golden Globes last night
How was your week?