Happy Tuesday! When my WIR posts don’t make it out on Monday, it’s pretty indicative of what the weekend and start of the week looked like. I feel like it has been nonstop go-go-go the past few weeks, and finally today it’s a bit slower (by that, I mean only two short blogger shoots!). Sasha is still traveling every week for work, which is bad for a number of reasons: most importantly, because we miss him, but also because I need someone to say, “Ailee, it’s midnight, GET IN BED!” Ha! Time flies when you’re alone at your desk at night. Do y’all work with music or TV on? I find I can only be productive in absolute silence.
Anyway, I digress. Although the week was busy, there were lots of wonderful moments, like:
- Spending lots of time with my sister-in-law, who was in town for two of her bridal showers – one on Saturday in Katy and another I co-hosted on Sunday at The Polo Club. We got our hair blown out beforehand at Dry Bar, then I grabbed the gorgeous floral arrangements from Meredith (as well as her amazing flamingo hat) and headed to the party. It was so much fun – Ivana is loved by so many people!
- Working with Meggie of Organized Life Design on a fun guest room closet clean out – below photo shown below! I can’t wait to share more details!
- Celebrating the launch of the #sugarandclothcolorwall – it was so much fun and there was an amazing turnout. Excited for Ashely and Jared!
- Having my older sister over for dinner twice – she introduced me to Door Dash (G A M E C H A N G E R!!!). I love getting to spend time with her. Sasha made us watch an old Brad Pitt movie, which I thought was weird at first, but then got into it once I understood the plot.
- Eating an extremely last minute dinner with one of my favorite people on this planet – Paola (or ‘PC Pants’). She had a layover in Houston on her way home to Honduras and missed it by a hair. I felt bad for her travel horror story, but loved that I got to break bread with her at Adair Kitchen. I miss her so much!
- Going to Isla’s swim class at Dad’s Club (hooray!) – we’ve been using another facility for months now due to renovations, but the weather is finally good enough to have classes outside again. I am so excited, because the pool is so close to our house! Isla wore her new swimsuit from SwimZip, which I totally adore and want in my size! More to come on SwimZip soon!
- Getting coffee at Adair Kitchen with a former co-worker (she was way higher than me in the organization, but we worked together on a number of non-client projects!) and chatting about life and work. I love her!
- Watching Isla play with her little cousins who live nearby in their backyard (lots of slides, swings, jungle gym, pool, etc. = Isla’s heaven). Belle was having a great time too (as well as the adults!).
- Taking a quick trip to The Monogram Shop and chatting with Leah – it’s unbelievable that she’s about to give birth any day now, because she looks so good!
- Taking three sets of family photos – a total of four adorable boys and one girl whose cuteness I cannot handle! Families and newborns are still my favorite thing to photograph. I love kids and babies!
- Photographing Destiny, Megan, Lauren, Caroline (twice!), Molly and Lilly – it was a busy blogger week! Thank goodness I love those gals.
- Grabbing coffee with my photographer crush, Traci Ling, at Tout Suite, and running into Carrie and another amazing Houston photographer Maritere Rice.
I hope you had a fabulous week!
A scary before photo of our guest room closet!!!!