Hello from a very flooded Houston! Sasha was supposed to drive to Austin early this morning, but per the blaring weather alerts going off throughout the night, that wasn’t going to happen. The whole city was told to stay inside, so that is what we did! By 11am, I was already feeling cabin fever – I’m clearly not made to stay inside. Sasha has since headed out the door, and Isla and I have been doing our spring cleaning – part of our homework from Meggie Mangione of Organized Life Design. Meggie came for our second organization session yesterday, and we made so much progress in moving everything from the guest room into the playroom closet and drawers. I’m excited for our final meeting, during which we’ll wrap everything up. I will be sharing photos afterwards! I have been dreading this project for ages, but Meggie made it such a breeze!
Some other highlights from the week included:
- Meeting and photographing gorgeous baby Townes’ at the hospital – he didn’t look like a new newborn at all! He’s a serious doll. I’m obsessed already!
- Getting to spend time with two of our best friends, Kirby and Brett, meeting baby Henry for the first time (he was too good and slept most of the evening!!) and watching Isla and Lillian interact. We wish so badly that they lived in Houston!
- Lots of blogger shoots – Destiny at her house with lunch and a playdate too! // Alex at our house for a little Mark & Graham engagement party + Coachella-inspired hangouts // Molly and Lyndsey at The Menil // Esther at Summer Street Studios // Megan at Highland Village
- My sister-in-law pushed her flight to SFO back by a few days, so we got to spend some more quality time together – even introduced her to Door Dash and Adair Kitchen (where we went as a family of three on Friday!)
- Doing an OrangeTheory class with Destiny and some other wonderful bloggers and then having lunch with our men and the kiddos after at Ruggles Green afterwards (we literally braved a storm!) – and running into Melissa and Mikey there was wonderful!
- Going with Isla to her swim class – we double-dutied it, and she loved swimming back and forth and back and forth between the two of us! She’s a fish and loves the pool!
- Photographing the spring/summer DEFINE shoot, styled by Meredith, hair and makeup by Brittany, creative direction from Cailyn and Candace and models including Chiara, Lauren and Chandra.
- Interviewed interns and hired one – Hannah – whom I’ll introduce on the blog in two weeks when she starts! I’m excited to work with her (and have some help around here!).
- Going to Bayou City Fellowship with Curtis preaching – always my favorite. We got to sit next to Sydney, who was there solo after Philip was suffering from a littttttle too much crawfish (surely that’s what was holding him back! ha!).
Hope you had a wonderful week. If you’re in Houston, stay dry!! xo