Happy October! It’s definitely one of my favorite months of the year, as we start ramping up in full fall mode with pumpkin-everything (no PSLs for me!), cooler temperatures, warmer clothing, one-month-closer-to-Christmas, etc. Last week, it felt so amazing in Houston, and unfortunately we’ll be back in the 90s for two more weeks, but I see the end in sight!
I spent last week taking photos, spending time with my Granny and parents in Katy because it was my dad’s birthday, and working on Emi’s nursery. I’m struggling to find gold knobs and pulls that work with this dresser we bought from Pottery Barn Kids. The four bottom pulls are impossible to replace! I’ve ordered substitutes from Anthropologie, Wayfair and Pottery Barn – to no avail! If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!
Some highlights for the week include:
- Booking my first wedding/elopement in Colorado for next weekend! I’m heading back to Durango for the fourth time this year and so excited to shoot alongside Courtney Brown – she’s amazing!
- Eating vegan crepes at Sweet Paris with Megan, Olivia and Isla then running around the green afterwards while snapping some bow shots!
- Visiting baby Olivia, Jessica and Bubba and bringing them Barnabys. She is seriously the cutest!! So glad we finally got to meet her!
- Getting crib sheets from By George Baby Boutique for Emi’s room – I love working with Sarah and can’t wait to get the Boppy and changing pad covers!
- Celebrating Papa’s birthday in Katy on Thursday – going to Sprinkles first to get him a few treats with our balloon tail we made!
- Photographing Elly at River Oaks District and then grabbing a coffee afterwards at Le Colonial to catch up.
- Taking photos of Esther and her sweet family for a Life Cereal shoot. Her backyard looked amazing!!
- Eating lunch with Destiny and Truman at Salata after snapping some photos at their house!
- Taking family photos for a girl who lived in the same dorm as me my freshman year at UT! It had been ages since we’d seen each other. Her daughter, Abigail, was too cute!
- Going to church at Bayou City Fellowship and then eating Sunday lunch with my family in Katy. My Granny Jill leaves next Monday, so we are trying to spend as much time with her as we can beforehand!
- Doing the 3 mile loop at Memorial Park with Belle, Isla and Sasha on Saturday morning and running into Ivana while she was there too!
Hope you had a great week and that your Monday is going well so far! xo