I cannot believe it’s been a week since Isla and I had a little Staycation at the Four Seasons in downtown Houston. We met up with Meredith just before 4pm to check into our amazing suite, then went to the spa where Mere and I got our nails done, and Isla was spoiled by a mani and pedi. She was slightly hesitant at first, then starting soaking it all up. We went and checked out the pool afterwards, then viewed the work they’re doing as part of a massive renovation. It’ll be completed before the Super Bowl weekend (Feb. 4) – I cannot wait to return once everything is done! We ate the most delicious dinner at Quattro, then went to the room early because Isla was exhausted. Of course, before Isla could go to sleep, we had to slip into our matching jammies and have a quick pillow fight (slash dance around the room to Nelly the Elephant on Spotify!). A yummy room service breakfast felt like such a luxury, then sadly we had to pack-up our bags and head back to reality. It was the best mini-vacation ever! I want to do another girls night again soon.
Some of the other highlights from the week included:
- Meeting Meredith to snap some fun, colorful photos – we had planned to do a bigger shoot outdoors, but given then torrential downpour that occurred all week long, we stuck to her screened in porch! It’s been a life saver twice so far (and probably a million times for her!).
- Taking Destiny‘s maternity and blog photos in the Rice Village area – so anxious for her to post them because she looks absolutely flawless!
- Photographing the sweetest little newborn boy, Robbie, who was an angel during the shoot, making my life so much easier!
- Taking photographs for our best friends, Matt and Paige, who own DEFINE Katy – there was a special announcement thrown into the mix too! We’re so excited that they’re expecting a baby boy in June!
- Four Seasons staycation with Meredith
- Having our cousins and my parents/sisters over for family dinner at our house on Sunday night! We had 11 people eating at our table, which is the most we’ve ever served at once. It as so much fun to get everyone together!
- Doing our weekly MOD Pizza family night! Pretty soon, I’ll be back to ordering salads, so need to take advantage of this delicious “pregnancy diet” for one more week!
- Having my 38 week gynecologist appointment and heading Emi’s heartbeat – I feel her kicking and rolling around now more than ever, and it’s getting very uncomfortable! She’s running out of space!
- Getting an intense foot massage at Q Foot Massage, which I highly recommend!
- Going to church at Bayou City Fellowship, participating in the most amazing worship, listening to Pastor Curtis preach and getting to chat with friends afterwards. Sundays are the best!
- Taking Isla to Build-a-Bear to make a gift for her to bring Emi at the hospital! She is so excited about her bear, and keeps asking when she can give it to her! It’s the sweetest.
- Eating lunch at North Italia with Zlata, Tata, Olivera, and Ivana after church on Sunday! The food is delicious (first timer), but company was better!
- Meeting Joy for lunch at Pondicheri and getting to catch up – she has the most exciting updates and I always look forward to seeing her!
- Getting a painting dropped off by Jamie Sawicki – I’m in love! She’s so talented!
Hope you had the best week! xo