Happy New Year! I am so excited for 2017 – namely because it’s the year that our baby girl will be born and also because our house should be completed by November/December (fingers crossed!). I’m seriously amazed by how quickly the past two weeks have flown by! Sasha has been traveling every week for work, but was here since the 15th and we have loved soaking up his time and attention. We seriously miss him when he’s gone!
Some of the biggest highlights from the last 14 days include:
- Spending Christmas Eve at the Bayou City Fellowship service, then driving to my parent’s house in Katy, where we watched Chevy Chase’s Christmas Vacation (for the nine zillionth year in a row, and I’m not complaining!). We woke up on Christmas to stockings filled with goodies and lots of presents under the tree, and watching Isla’s excitement as she opened everything was so priceless. She basically owns everything Minnie Mouse now – umbrella, dolls, shoes, bows, socks, underwear, robe, etc. Lucky little lady!
- Celebrating Meredith’s 30th birthday (which was on Christmas) at her incredible NYE bash! It was held at the Sugar & Cloth studio, and every single detail was unreal. She’s definitely the hostess with the mostess!
- Spending the rest of NYE at the Jarvises house with our friends, the Duseks – of course, everyone was in bed well before midnight, but we had a delicious dinner and great time catching up beforehand! Isla was very excited to see fireworks for the first time.
- Photographing the Dunk, Conaway, and Bandini families and also snapping photos for the MacLean’s pregnancy announcement – I loved capturing these fun moments!
- Having our new house’s lot cleared and made ready for construction, which should start at the end of February!
- Going to dinner with the Thompsons before they headed to Las Vegas for Christmas. Isla and Truman are so, so sweet together!!
- Almost completing the nursery – just have two pieces from By George Baby Boutique, a new ficus from Houston Interior Plants, a print from Meg Grant and a painting by Jamie Sawicki and then it’s officially done! I can’t wait to share photos.
The only real low-point was a trip to the Labor & Delivery ER after I had a few fainting spells, fortunately while I was at my 34 week checkup. It turns out I was really dehydrated, but both Emi and I are okay, despite getting jabbed far too many times to make sure that was the case!
Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Cheers to 2017!