It’s Monday evening, and the house is quiet (which feels strange). I’ve got a cup of HEB Texas Pecan decaf coffee in my hand and am ready to tackle my inbox, once and for all! [or at least a little bit, so if I email you tonight, please reply tomorrow for my sanity! Ha.]
These weeks are just flying by (do I sound like a broken record yet?), partly because I have a baby and time will do that to you when they’re super young. Also because we are keeping busy around here! Some of the highlights from the past week include:
- Isla attending yoga camp at BIG Power Yoga. Okay, y’all. I still cannot handle the cuteness of her journal that has a polaroid of her every day, doing a different yoga pose. I’m not even a yogi, but she loved it and I did because of that!! I wish she could do it again this week!
- Taking Destiny’s blog photos at CityCentre! I am obsessed with all of her Nordstrom sale finds!
- Having a photo/play date with Megan – I brought Ivana and Milly along with us! So sweet having Isa, Milly and Emi all together, lounging with us while the big girls swam.
- Taking Carrie’s daughter’s one month photos. Ohhh, she is the cutest!
- Keeping up with our tradition of pizza night with Ivana and Bob, but instead of being on Friday, we swapped it to Saturday, so that we could do a Semple family dinner in Katy – one last hoorah before my cousins left for Scotland!
- Having Sasha’s mom and stepdad over for lunch Sunday! Donna saved the day by running to get Emi some Desitin to help her diaper rash.
- Trekking my cousins around the city on Thursday to show them some photographic highlights, like the Greetings from Houston sign and the Water Wall! We ate ice cream at Creamistry and ohhhmygosh. It is way, way too good.
- Eating dinner with my parents on Sunday night at Peli Peli Kitchen – it has been our tradition, and I loveeee traditions.
- Finally getting my bootie back at LifeTime almost every day. It feels GREAT to be back in a routine!
- Planting flowers in our yard. This was very overdue, but we got fresh mulch and I was finally inspired! Thankful for my Moana helper (see below!).
- Eating a cousins lunch (delicious Niko Nikos!) at Oliver and Angie’s (Sasha’s cousins) house.
Y’all, it’s amazing how hard that is for me to recall things I did in the past week! You should try making a list of the ten favorite things you did last week. This being said, I am always nervous I’m forgetting, “Lunch with so-and-so”! Ha. I am praying that my full brain returns one day.
In the meantime, I hope y’all have the best week ever!