Last month, I took my younger sister’s engagement photos. Kevin and I drove to Galveston together, as Jill was already halfway there getting her hair and makeup done by Sunkissed & Made Up. We shot a few photos in Beachtown, then headed to Pleasure Pier, where we took more, before heading back to Beachtown. All in all, I am so happy with how they turned out, and more importantly, Jill and Kevin are too (or at least, that’s what they’re saying, ha!).
We searched for the perfect save-the-date and found This is Happening by designer Eric Clegg on Minted. I love how it looks with the beach scene. We put a few simple words on the back, sharing the location and directing them to their website (which Kevin designed and is amazing). As the perfect finishing touch, we ordered the custom stamps, which allowed us to share another photo we loved. My talented mom did the calligraphy on the envelopes. Jill came over on Wednesday and told me that people were already complimenting her on the save-the-dates!
Time is flying by, so we’re now thinking about the invitations! Bring on all of the beautiful Minted suites.
And now, prepare for photo overload!
As I mentioned last week, I am going to start sharing more of my photo sessions on the blog – I’ll do a roundup of my favorite family photos at the end of the ‘season,’ since there are a lot of those! On Monday, I took Will and Lesley’s engagement photos at the eastern-most parts of North and South Boulevards in Boulevard Oaks. They live nearby, and Will proposed to Lesley while on a walk down North Boulevard. It only made sense to take these photos there!
It won’t take you but 0.3 seconds to see why I’m dying to share these. Will and Lesley both look like models (for real!), and they were naturals in front of the camera (despite warning me otherwise). Will came to the rescue with tape for Lesley’s dress and an emergency blanket, which worked out perfectly. I love these two together, and I love their photos as well! I apologize for my inability to narrow down favorites to a reasonable number. Ha.
Happy Thanksgiving week! I cannot believe it’s already upon us. I’m on the hook for ratatouille, and I haven’t made it in ages, so have been Googling recipes – hopefully y’all are more prepared than I am! Or that you get to just show up. Ha. The past week was so fun with a few of our best friends who live out of town visiting. We had Kirby and Brett over for dinner on Saturday, then I picked up McKenzie from the airport on Sunday and we went to visit another best friend, Brittany, who has unfortunately been in the hospital for the better part of the year. She is having surgery today, so prayers appreciated.
Lots of highlights, including the Willow Crowns pop-up shop at The Monogram Shop, Carrie Colbert’s launch of her new site/store – CarrieColbert.com, taking family photos, snapping blog photos for Alex, a colorful holiday shoot that Meredith planned (only one photo below, so I don’t ruin the surprises!) – with tiny models, Isla, Naomi (Esther of cuteheads‘ daughter) and Jamie (Jenny’s daughter). We did family dinner at Peli Peli, spent time with Sasha’s mom who has been so helpful lately with babysitting, and met some of our new neighbors on Friday when we delivered cookies I got from Jessie of Miss J’s Bakeshop. I did Orange Theory with Ivana and Monica, and I think I’m still sore from it! Ha.
Hope y’all have the best week with the ones you love! xo
I am so bad about posting my work on the blog, but my goal is to do more of it next year! I will do a round-up of family photos at the end of the season, but for now, I wanted to share some photos I took on Sunday of one of my nearest-and-dearest friends, Amanda. We are so in love with her sweet daughter, Charlotte, already! I’m anxious to meet her. Amanda has always been so tiny and petite, and fortunately for her, this carried over into her pregnancy. Hello, hot mama-to-be! Scott is one lucky man. Amanda didn’t want to take photos, but I convinced her to come over and snap a couple in an empty lot directly across from our house. It took five minutes ,and she already thanked me for talking her into it. I mean, how could I not document how stunning she looks!
Countdown is on, Baby CC!
Officially in the thick of ‘family photo season’ right now, so will keep this ‘Week in Review’ short so that I can get back to the 10,304 photos I still have to edit! Is it Christmas yet? Ha! We’re heading to Durango either the 25th or 26th, and I am so excited. I haven’t seen snow in a few years – neither girl has ever seen it, so we’ll see what they think about freezing cold weather! We took our annual Semple-family REI trip on Saturday to get a new jacket – I love the navy canvas one I found, which probably won’t keep me super warm in 30 degree weather, but it is so perfect for a mild Houston winter.
Other highlights from the week include:
- Taking sweet Clifford’s newborn photos! He was truly an angel baby and slept almost the entire time!
- Photographing Monica’s family photos in their amazing back/front yards – serious #goals.
- Co-hosting a baby shower for our friend, Amanda, then taking maternity photos for her the next day!
- Taking Alex’s blog photos – we had a good laugh because Isla insisted on stamping her hand before we took them, and then I ended up Photoshopping orange stamp off the back of her hand in half the pictures! Toddlers!!
- Photographing the Nickolases – aww, Parker is the yummiest little babe!! Her chunky cheeks are truly irresistible.
- Having breakfast with Leah from The Monogram Shop, then photographing some of their gorgeous products. I seriously cannot go into the shop without getting something. I got Emi a sweet monogramed lunch box to replace the Medela bottle one she’s been bringing to school! Such a second child!
- Photographing the ‘New Mom Care Package’ post with Sydney! The giveaway is closed, but have you read/pinned it yet? It’s so helpful!
- Taking some 6 month photos of my gorgeous niece, Milly! She is about to be 7 months old, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
- Getting an MRI and bloodwork done to try to figure out this weird muscle spasm I’ve had a few times! My doctor thinks it’s actually just from lack of sleep… so I should probably quit writing and go to sleep right now!
- Doing Parent/Teacher Conferences for both of the girls! Ah, we are so in love with their school and their teachers this year! I just can’t express that enough!! The feedback was so sweet and makes me such a proud mama.
- Checking in on the new build with the electrician and our builder! They are actually making progress – hoorah!
- Going to family dinner with my parents to El Tiempo! I have been craving a margarita like crazy lately, which is so strange since I never used to like them. Their skinny margarita is so good!
- Going to church at Bayou City Fellowship on Sunday morning – the 10:30am service for the first time ever, since Daylight Savings has still got Emi all out of whack and she’s been going down for a nap at 8:30am, if that tells you anything about when she’s waking up!
- Last, but not least – spontaneously buying a ticket at 4pm on Sunday for a 5:30pm Disney on Ice show! I literally cried the first 5 or 6 minutes of the show just from watching Isla’s mesmerized face. She was so in awe and loved every second of the show, but was also a bit disappointed that Paw Patrol did not come on at the end… I had somehow mixed up Disney on Ice and Paw Patrol Live, which is also in town right now. Whoopsies!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are enjoying the start to your week already! xo