This past Friday, we celebrated Miss Emilia’s Christening in an intimate ceremony with just our family and closest friends. Sweet Emi was not her usual happy self, which made sense later when we found out she had an ear infection! Regardless, it was a really fun day and lifelong memories were made. We’re so grateful for her amazing Godparents, Kirby and Brett, who were here from Oklahoma City to celebrate. Our photographer, Nancy Aidee, sent some pics already and I’m in love! I cannot wait to share more when we get the rest.
The rest of the weekend was a blur, given that we were just constantly trying to make poor Emi feel better. And the days leading up to the ceremony were very busy too! I snuck in two playdates, some blog photos for Destiny, newborn photos for Brittany’s angel, George, lunch with Ivana and her best friend, Destiny, and Milly’s three month photos. We had Sunday dinner with all my siblings – Ivana, Bob, Karine, Jill and Kevin. My favorite crew. We’re so blessed. Now I must go and pick-up the entire house that my tornado toddler wreaked havoc on today! Hope your Monday was a good one. xo
Why does it feel like July Fourth was a month ago? Whenever I write this post, I always go to my calendar to see what the date of the previous Monday was, as those are the photos I’ll upload to include. I couldn’t believe last Monday was July 3 (my little sister’s birthday!). I think it’s because we took a whirlwind trip to Arkansas this weekend, leaving at 5am on Saturday morning and then wheels up at 4:20am from our hotel on Sunday morning. I hadn’t left Emilia for more than 3.5 hours before, so it was tough (physically, as I’m still nursing) to be gone for 29 hours! We visited Hot Springs with the rest of Sasha’s family to honor the one year anniversary of Sasha’s grandma passing. The ceremony was beautiful, and it was so nice to celebrate Baba’s life with everyone.
Some highlights from the past week include:
- Meeting Barrett Guy Jarvis, the newest baby in Sasha’s best friend bromance – he is adorable and we are so excited for Paige, Matt and Ellery!
- Splashing around in the pool on July 4th with Ivana, Bob, Milly and my cousins, who are here visiting from Scotland!
- Meeting with Lindsey Herod of Lindsey Herod Interiors to discuss key decisions for our house! She is so talented, and I can’t wait to work with her during this process!
- Getting back into the routine of going to LifeTime Fitness with the girls! I have missed having good strength-training workouts, as I’ve been so tight for time lately that I’ve just ended up doing 3 mile runs around the neighborhood at night! I needed some weights in my life (hello, BBG hell! Ha).
- Spending family time in Hot Springs!
- Our tradition of ‘Pizza and Movie Night’ on Friday!
- Taking some photographs at Mum’s friend’s sister’s backyard wedding – it was such a sweet, emotional ceremony!
- Taking cousin photos of the girls and Lazo at Evelyn’s Park (I shared them on the blog yesterday here!).
The definite low-point of the week was when I realized my FitBit battery had died on the drive to Arkansas. My supportive husband wouldn’t stop at a Target on the drive to get a charger! So I lost 36 crucial hours. So upsetting! Ha. I hope you had a great week! Happy Monday. xo
Happy Fourth of July Eve! Despite being British, I rather adore this holiday! Ha. I think it’s because it’s always a fun summery pool day and typically a long holiday weekend. My cousins are in town from Scotland for two weeks, so we’re going to try to spend as much time as possible with them poolside.
The past week was total mayhem, and I’m not sure I’ll ever get caught up on edits! Ha. Some of the highlights are below, and I’m sharing a ton of pics from last seven days!
- Meeting up with Meredith before she left on their trip to celebrate Isla’s birthday with a Crave cupcake – which she, of course, licked the icing off!
- Taking Brittany’s nursery photos – her little babe will arrive any day now! I can’t wait to find out if it’s a boy or girl!
- Eating lunch with my sweet friend, Alexis, at Niko Niko’s – not that we’re lushes, but I highly recommend their sangria! Ha.
- Participating in the cuteheads video shoot at the West Studios. So anxious to see the final cut!
- Taking Destiny’s blog photos with the kiddos (and Sid) in tow! Love, love, loved her outfit and the colorful spot we found for the pictures!
- Enjoying some pool time with Sasha’s mom and cousin swim time at my parent’s house.
- Taking newborn photos for Camden, Dominic and James – three of the cutest baby boys! It’s definitely boy season!!
- Going to a July Fourth BBQ at our friend’s house (another delicious sangria – ’tis the season!). Loved getting to catch up with them!
- Attending both Ana’s and Mila’s third birthday parties, both of which were a lot of fun. How are all of these babies now three? I can’t handle it!
- Going to an allergist appointment for Emi, and finding out that he doesn’t think she has a peanut allergy (hallelujah!) but she did test positive for pistachios (boo!). We have another round of testing next month! Praying for clear results.
- Finally making it back to LifeTime Fitness!! Much needed! I’ve been running every evening at 9pm to get my steps in, but I need to be focused on BBG and Orange Theory!
- Celebrating Emi’s five month-iversary – I should post update soon! Ohhh, we are obsessed with her 🙂
I hope everyone has the best day tomorrow with your loved ones! xo
Talk about hitting the ground running! We got home from Colorado last Tuesday (Meredith was a LIFESAVER and picked us up from the airport in my car after I got our departure date wrong!), and haven’t stopped moving since then. I’ve taken multiple sets of photos (including Destiny’s and Carrie’s!), gone to a gender reveal party for our good friends, Amanda and Scott, met and photographed our close friends, Sydney and Philip’s baby, Camden, helped Ivana and Bob to unpack their new house, caught up on cuddles with sweet Milly (how do they grow so quickly?!), enjoyed a family dinner with my parents and older sister, gone to an Orange Theory class with my former trainer from BP, suffered in the Houston humidity for some late night runs, and organized our house.
A quick shoutout to my sweet friend, Julie, who recently launched an Instagram account – @YoungWildandFriedman – sharing good kid activities and recipes. She is truly super mom, and I encourage you to follow her! She sent us a snack box for the plane, as well as a bead activity set and Isla loved both!
What I haven’t done is catch up on emails! So alas, a short week-in-review today (with tons of photos) as I’m going to reply to some clients now.
We’re more than halfway through June, can you believe it? I keep on seeing snaps of people in Houston complaining about how miserably hot it is, and I’m dreading our return this week for that reason (but so excited to see everyone!). It’s been in the high 80s here, and we’ve been melting, so I can’t imagine!
This past weekend, we went on the T-Rex Express train ride to a dino camp, where Isla got to do lots of dinosaur related activities. After getting over an initial shock/fear of the people dressed up as dinos, she had the best time, and has been wanting to go back to see Mr. Bones at the station every day!
We also celebrated Father’s Day yesterday by spending the entire day together (except for Sasha’s bike ride) – we went down to the river to let Belle swim, ate lunch at our new favorite spot, got Cream Bean Berry ice cream, strolled along Main Street, ate our favorite meal for dinner at Carver’s and spent the rest of the day together in the yard. It was wonderful.
I also decided to sell my Lightroom editing presets on Saturday! It was an exciting business decision and I’ve loved seeing before and after pictures on Instagram from people who purchased it! I’m going to do a blog post this week outlining more details! If you’re interested in buying it, click here!