Hello, April! I’m so excited about this month for a million reasons, including the fact that my niece will be born soon, one of my best friends is getting married, another best friend will be visiting from Chicago, my aunts and cousin are coming from London for a week, and we get to celebrate Easter! It’ll definitely be a busy month.
This past week was action packed, with some of the highlights being:
- Celebrating Emi turning 2 months old! Time truly flies.
- Having a hair appointment with Eric Vaughn, during which I got some light highlights and a trim! He’s the best.
- Eating lunch with Destiny and baby Tatum at Ruggles Green, then seeing her a few days later for blog photos!
- Sipping some coffee with Brittany at Sweet Paris – it was great catching up with her and seeing that tiny bump!
- Eating lunch with one of my friends, Alexis, at Ruggles Green and meeting her adorable baby boy, Zachary, for the first time!
- Making not one, but two, trips to Pinkberry, because Emi’s dairy allergy has eliminated all sweet snacks I can think of except their dairy free coconut froyo! It’s delicious.
- Watching Moana for the third and fourth time – Isla loves it, and neither Bob, Ivana, Sasha nor myself argue against it! Ha. That soundtrack is too good.
- Spending Saturday afternoon at a park in The Heights, then going to Steel City Pops and Adair Kitchen afterwards!
- Eating crepes on Saturday morning at the house. I used to make batter for two, then three, when Isla started eating them, and now for five since Ivana and Bob are living with us.
- Meeting teensy tiny baby Parker and hugging on her parents, Erin and Matt. She is absolutely adorable! She made Emi seem enormous (she did weigh in at 12 pounds during her 2 month checkup the same day, so she kind of is!).
- Going to Peli Peli with the entire family as part of our Sunday night ritual! I love traditions like this.
Hope you have the best week! xo read more
Today is Emi’s two “month-iversary.” It is insane that we’re just two days away from April! I cannot believe it. I feel like we just celebrated her turning one month yesterday. That sweet girl is filling out nicely (ahem, wrist rolls, thigh rolls, double chins – the whole nine yards!), and I love her chunk! She’s got strong legs and tries to stand up whenever you rest her on your legs, just like Isla did. As a comparison, you can read about Isla at two months here!
Emi has only drank from a bottle once, but I’m getting my hair done this Friday and may be gone for longer than three hours, so we’re going to try another bottle tomorrow and pray that it works. If not, she’s coming with me! She’s still a hungry little lady, but has moved from eating every 2.5 hours to 3. During the night, she still wakes up around 2:30/3am, and she nurses herself to sleep… and I fall asleep every night while she eats! I cannot manage to stay awake! I tried setting an alarm to wake myself up after 15 minutes, but even that didn’t work!
Unfortunately (for both of us), Emi has a dairy allergy (or sensitivity?), and when I eat any dairy, she develops a red, bumpy rash on her face. I haven’t had any dairy in two weeks, and the rash is totally gone. I already miss queso and Chobani yogurt so badly! But she’s definitely worth it, of course.
Emi is most smiley and coo-ing first thing in the morning, around 8am. She will give you all the gummy grins then, even when Isla gives her some rather strong (ha) hugs. She is definitely more chilled out than Isla was as a baby, probably due to all that sister loving. Emi loves to go on runs with me and will be asleep within 45 seconds of me starting.
I feel so lucky to call this little girl my own. We love her so much!
Emilia will be two months old on Wednesday – how this that even possible? My goodness. The weeks are flying by, which is okay, so long as it stays spring forever. Ha. The weather this past week has been unbelievably gorgeous, and I went on a run every day except Saturday (because when you put makeup on in the morning, you obviously can’t exercise!). It feels good to get back into an exercise routine, although I still have a long ways to go to get back into shape.
Some of the highlights from the past week include:
- Getting coffee and crepes with Meredith at Sweet Paris – Isla adores her, and the lunch conversation was peppered with, “MIMICITA, look at this!”
- Photos with Esther at The Athletic Room – I am so intrigued with cryotherapy now and totally need to try it!
- Watching Moana twice because Sasha decided to buy, not rent it. But I cannot complain because I love it!
- Getting a surprise visit from Brett and Kirby after sweet baby Parker was born! I cannot wait to meet her this Thursday.
- Eating Sunday lunch at Local Foods with Jessica, Bubba and Olivia!
- Going to Steel City Pops for the first time and Donovan Park afterwards with Sasha and Ivana!
- Taking photos with Destiny – we ended the shoot at a wildflower patch near their house, and the photos of her, Tatum and Truman are so sweet. Such a gorgeous family!
- Catching up with a few friends (Ellen, Tammy and Sam) – one of the best things about having a baby is the visitors who come to say hi!
- Celebrating Brooks’ 2nd birthday with a rodeo party at Amy’s parent’s house in Katy!
I have true newborn mama brain, so I’m probably missing some big, happy moments, but for now, that’s all I can remember 😉 I hope you have the best week. Can you believe April starts on Saturday?
When we found out we were having another girl, Sasha was so relieved because “we don’t have to buy anything!” Well, it turns out that some pretty cool new baby products have hit the market in the past 2.5 – 3 years, and obviously I wanted to try them out! Ha. Over the next few weeks, I’m going to review some of these items, like the 4moms infant tub, the Owlet monitor, the Dock-a-Tot, and a couple other products. For other products I think are essential for newborns, you can check out my registry guide here. read more
Woo hoo, Spring Break is finally over. Can I get an amen from all the moms with toddlers in day care/Mother’s Day Out programs (potentially all moms?)?! Ha. As much as I love my sweet 2.5 year old, I greatly value the 5 hours I have three days a week to get errands and work done. I imagine when the girls get older, we’ll look forward to Spring Break, as we’ll (hopefully!) take exciting trips together and celebrate the break from school. One day…
We actually did take a quick trip to Austin at the end of the week (Thursday through Saturday) to see my best friend of 29 years who was visiting from Scotland. I hadn’t met Alisdair’s daughter, Olivia, who is now one and have been dying to do so. We spent the day together on Friday, then we had dinner with our close friends, Patrick and Betsy, at Fresa’s on South First (delicious and perfect for kids too!). On Saturday, we ate at Kerbey Lane with Alisdair (a tradition!), then walk around downtown before grabbing lunch on-the-go and driving back to Houston. It was a really fun, but way too short, visit.
Other highlights from the week included seeing Destiny for blog photos on Monday before she headed to Vegas and going to Montgomery on Tuesday for some fun photos of me the girls with Courtney. We also celebrated Ivana and Bob moving into the house for a few weeks while their new house gets renovated. The week truly flew by, and I’m hoping this upcoming one is more productive (work-wise at least!).
Praying you have a wonderful Monday! xo