As I mentioned before in this previous ‘Isla Loves’ post, we love the Honest Co. Their diapers are absolutely adorable and getting them delivered to our doorstep is such a godsend. If you’re not using them already, I highly recommend that you sign up to get the premium diapers and wipes for less than $20 a week from Honest.com.
Not only do we use Honest Co. diapers and wipes, we also use the Shampoo and Body Wash. Sasha takes bath duties every night, and the two of them have a grand old time in her bathroom (lots and lots of giggles). Isla wriggles all over, and gets the suds in her eyes and is not bothered one bit. We love how soft it makes her hair and skin feel too – and the sweet vanilla-y smell is a plus.
The Shampoo and Body Wash only costs $9.95 for a 8.5 oz bottle, and it lasts for ages. I highly recommend you buy it, or… enter the giveaway below!
The fact that I found the act of creating a wedding registry difficult is now laughable, as I stare choosing baby essentials in the eyes. It’s daunting, as you literally have no idea what you will need. If you read one book, it’s necessary to have X, Y, and Z, but according to another book, those items are all frivolous. As a minimalist (I seriously hate clutter), I will always lean towards the side of too little rather than too much. When I found NYC blogger Annie Dean’s “The Baby Essentials” post, I swooned. It’s exactly what I had been looking for. A concise list that states everything I do and do not need for Baby Petrovic. It’s an excellent read for all expecting mothers, and her recommended list of things to buy is extremely helpful. I know for a fact I will be referencing this while building our baby registry. Click here to read her commentary and browse through her suggestions below.
Strollers and Carriers
- Baby Sponge liner
- 1 really cozy towel (like Shinzi Katoh, available in-store at ABC Carpet & Home – great gift!)
- 1 hooded towel
- 1 pack cheap washcloths
- Weleda Baby Calendula Creme Wash
- Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo
- Burt’s Bees Baby Oil
- Aveeno Calming Moisturizer
Diapers & Changing
Clothing & Blankets
Breastfeeding & Bottles
- Babyganics Laundry Detergent
- Babyganics Stain Spray
- Jambox (for use at the hospital for music (Jack was born to a Schubert opera) and as a portable noisemaker in combination with a white noise iphone app, I use ‘Baby White’)
- Happiest Baby on the Block DVD (buy this or request from your pediatrician) – essential lessons for soothing your baby
Featured image via Camille Styles (her gorgeous nursery here!)