Week three in Houston has passed, and life is showing no signs of slowing down. This past week, we visited lots of family and friends whom we hadn’t seen in almost three months – some who hadn’t met Isla yet. I was talked into doing back-to-back classes at Life Time Fitness with a close friend, and my body is still recovering. Overall, this week had many highlights, which I’ve captured below:
- I went to Anthropologie, J. Crew, Carter’s, Kendra Scott and Baby Gap – ugh, feels good to be back). I subsequently ended up at The Container Store again for more slim-fit hangers.
- We ate at Ruggles Green and Mary’z – two of our favorite restaurants (see full list of favorites), and I went grocery shopping at Whole Foods for the first time in months!
- The weather is finally getting more bearable, so I was able to run outside on multiple days.
- After going to the Durango Farmer’s Market all Saturday, we decided to head to one of the big ones in Houston (and bought lots of Sinfull Bakery goodies)
- We went to my parent’s house for lunch to celebrate my dad’s birthday (happy birthday!)
- Isla went to church for the first time (Bayou City Fellowship) and behaved swimmingly! Thank the good Lord.
Most importantly, this week marked the official stomach-to-back-to-stomach rolling and consistent, deep belly laughter from Isla. The former has me slightly nervous (she’s now getting tied into her changing station), and the latter has my heart smiling. That sound is pure joy.
Lastly, the winner of the Freshly Picked giveaway is Wendy J! I will be emailing you shortly. Thank you to everyone who entered.
How was your past week?
Her happy morning face // A friend lent us a mamaRoo – why didn’t we have this sooner?
I will admit it – I was one of those new moms who brought diapers to the hospital because I wanted her in the cute patterned ones right away. I never, ever thought I would be a diaper snob, but The Honest Co. has proved me wrong. I am indeed very picky about the diapers Isla wears – and these are the best. Not only do I love picking out Isla’s outfits every morning, I also love deciding which pattern of diaper she’ll wear. We subscribe to the monthly delivery, and you get to pick six prints from the wide assortment offered (see a selection below). My absolute favorite pattern is the strawberry one, while Sasha loves the giraffes. I happily let her do tummy time in just her diaper because they are so cute. I highly recommend that you get premium diapers and wipes for less than $20 a week from Honest.com – you and your little loved ones won’t regret it. Just this week, we got our monthly shipment, and I mistakenly ordered another package of size 1 diapers. While they still fit her now, I doubt they will in another four weeks. We gave The Honest Co. a call on the day they arrived, and they immediately sent a return label and waived the shipping and restocking fees. I love them!
We also use and love the Honest Shampoo & Body Wash. It contains only natural and organic ingredients and doesn’t hurt when it gets in baby’s eyes (trust me, Isla would let me know if it did!). I cannot wait to try some of their other bath products!
I’m excited to announce that I am a new Honest Company Ambassador! I am really passionate about this wholesome company and proud to help promote their products. I’ll be sharing other reviews of their many items – I hope you give them a try as well.
P.S. Dearest Isla, sorry for sharing so many pictures of that tiny little butt and cute chunky thighs with the world! 🙂
I was given Honest Co. diapers for my review. I was allowed to keep the product, but the opinion I am sharing remains my own.
The fact that I found the act of creating a wedding registry difficult is now laughable, as I stare choosing baby essentials in the eyes. It’s daunting, as you literally have no idea what you will need. If you read one book, it’s necessary to have X, Y, and Z, but according to another book, those items are all frivolous. As a minimalist (I seriously hate clutter), I will always lean towards the side of too little rather than too much. When I found NYC blogger Annie Dean’s “The Baby Essentials” post, I swooned. It’s exactly what I had been looking for. A concise list that states everything I do and do not need for Baby Petrovic. It’s an excellent read for all expecting mothers, and her recommended list of things to buy is extremely helpful. I know for a fact I will be referencing this while building our baby registry. Click here to read her commentary and browse through her suggestions below.
Strollers and Carriers
- Baby Sponge liner
- 1 really cozy towel (like Shinzi Katoh, available in-store at ABC Carpet & Home – great gift!)
- 1 hooded towel
- 1 pack cheap washcloths
- Weleda Baby Calendula Creme Wash
- Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo
- Burt’s Bees Baby Oil
- Aveeno Calming Moisturizer
Diapers & Changing
Clothing & Blankets
Breastfeeding & Bottles
- Babyganics Laundry Detergent
- Babyganics Stain Spray
- Jambox (for use at the hospital for music (Jack was born to a Schubert opera) and as a portable noisemaker in combination with a white noise iphone app, I use ‘Baby White’)
- Happiest Baby on the Block DVD (buy this or request from your pediatrician) – essential lessons for soothing your baby
Featured image via Camille Styles (her gorgeous nursery here!)