A wonderfully busy week, filled with lots of preparation for family photos on Sunday. I literally bought ten cream shirts from Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, J. Crew, J. Crew Factory, and Anthropologie to wear in the pictures, then decided (very last minute) on a pink sweater that I already owned! How fickle. And of course, lots and lots of returns to make this week.
We took our photos with Paige of Awake Photography – you can see a sneak peek of the pictures on her Instagram here. I cannot wait to share the photos with you, along with other Christmasy ones, next week.
Other highlights of our week included:
- Calming Isla down by telling her “No more fussing!” while shaking your finger – she thinks it’s the funniest thing ever (see video here)
- Swimming with Isla at Life Time Fitness – she is a big, big splasher
- Painting (i.e. mushed berries) in her BABYBJORN highchair
- Getting a blow out at The Dry Bar (I am obsessed)
- Meeting Sasha’s cousin’s wonderful fiancé for the first time (and getting to walk the 3-mi loop while getting to know each other!)
- Isla’s first halloween – we didn’t make it trick or treating (this girl takes bed time seriously), but got some cute strawberry pics
- Having a trick-or-treater tell me they love my succulents (really??)
- Helping my friend Amanda (her engagement photos here) get ready to be the world’s most convincing Elsa (see photos below)
- Eating out twice at Ruggles Green (sorry Houston ex-pats!) – once with Brooke, one of my most favorite people on the planet
- Taking Isla to Biscuit Home for the first time – although she slept the entire time
- Trying a new food truck (Simply Greek) that is a mile from our house
- Having Sasha’s classmate’s family over for dinner yesterday evening – such cute kiddos
What were the highlights of your week?
Trying on her first Anthropologie headband (prior to her Mimi adjusting it)Makeup free and braided hair is the norm these days – this little one keeps me busy, but I love her berry, berry muchExcited about the quality of this custom Texas teether from Smiling Tree ToysApparently the Biscuit Paint Wall isn’t that entertaining, but Amanda as Elsa definitely is!One of the customizable Land of Nod ornaments I’ve ordered for IslaBundled up after our swim and on a chilly morning walk – plus, lunch with the beautiful Brooke!