On Friday evening, I had three of my closest girlfriends over for a Christmas dinner and catch-up. Like I mentioned yesterday, these ladies make me cry with laughter. Isn’t that just the best? We had some wild moments back in high school, all of which are totally cringe-worthy now and are funny to reminisce over.
I tasked Brittany to come up with a Christmas cocktail, and she outdid herself by in turn tasking her entire work department to submit the most delicious cocktail they could find. She arrived at our house with a large bag from Specs, filled with three fancy liquors and candy canes. I knew we were going to enjoy ourselves.
These candy cane cocktails literally taste like candy canes, so you would be tempted to drink them quickly… and to have too many. Warning: Do not do this. They are strong. But delicious. So I highly recommend you pull these out at your holiday party, because you won’t regret it.
This Crate & Barrel Gatsby cocktail shaker rarely gets used, but I’m glad Brittany found a recipe that calls for it because it feels so fancy.This Mothers Peppermint Schnapps is definitely the key ingredient – it’s delicious.Ta-da – your delicious cocktail… and my sweet peppermint-inspired baby.
- 1 oz vanilla rum (I used Tropic Isle Palms)
- 1 oz white chocolate liqueur (I used Godiva)
- 1 oz peppermint schnapps (I used Mother’s)
- Candy cane for garnish (optional, but recommended)
- Add all liquid ingredients to cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake well and strain drink into martini glass, then add candy cane as a garnish.