This past week has had very high highs and very low lows. The Petrovic household got hit by a stomach bug that seems to be making its way around Houston, which was less than fun. Sasha, unfortunately, was in Austin for a workshop (and sick, not fun), so my mom spent most of the week at our house.
We celebrated Isla’s 6-month-iversary on Thursday, December 4. She is getting so much bigger, and she is a very big wiggler now. She loves going on runs with me in the morning, grabbing Belle’s tail, playing peek-a-boo, crawling, bath time, throwing her toys off the highchair, licking everything, mirrors, eating her hair bows, breastmilk and only that, being held by Mum and Tata, being read to at night, building blocks, doing the downward facing dog position, and will now stand while supported until she reaches for something else and tumbles (see photos below). She doesn’t like her crib at least once a day (other naps, she’s fine), solids (just disinterested), getting put into the car seat, randomly getting her diaper changed (but most time, she’s fine), and being hungry (she’s like her parents). She is a bundle of joy, and we love her so much. She still can be fussy from time to time, but her temperament is normally happy. She still wakes up around 3am to eat, but slept from 6pm (bedtime) to 6:30am this week… yet to be repeated! Once she is eating better, we may have to do CIO to get rid of the night feed. I am not excited about this.
There were quite a few other exciting moments in the week though, which include:
- Going to the Justin Timberlake concert – I think I’ve seen him five or six times now, and he keeps getting better and better. Plus, our friend, Brittany, got the most amazing seats!
- Planning our trip to Paris and St. Petersburg in May! We’re taking Isla on her first overseas adventure and have her passport ready. I am so excited and am already building our itinerary.
- Getting the West Elm Riad Rug ‘for Christmas’ from Mimi and Papa for our new playroom. We’re going to add a little easel, some poufs for seating and Isla-sized bookshelves from Land of Nod, some additional toy buckets and call it a day for now. I originally wanted a tent or teepee, but we decided that can wait until she’s old enough to get excited about it!
- Celebrating a long week and lots of shopping with a vegan cupcake from Sprinkles!
- Partying at my nephew’s pirate themed birthday party! Arrrgggh.
- Letting Isla nap with me for the first time… I was sick, she was sick, so we snuggled. This never happens, and I loved it.
- Attending the Tinsel and Tables workshop (a few photos below, but more to come soon!). It was so much fun and inspirational.
Did you have a good week? I’d love to hear what your highlights were!
Sasha makes all her fold down socks into knee-highs…She has my heartBaby yogiArrrrguably the cutest little 2 year old around!A tiny swatch of our huge new playroom rugUmm, I’d like to eat that table, please.7 Jeans, True ReligionMy new handmade wreath centerpieceMy sweet sleeping beauty