Today, I am turning 27. I honestly feel like my 21st birthday was just two or three years ago, not six! Every year on my birthday, I reflect on my favorite moments from the previous year and make goals for the next. With the birth of Isla last year, I must say that it’s been my favorite yet (and that was by far the best moment). I definitely feel much older, but that is probably to be expected when you become a mother. I am cursing myself for ever entering a tanning bed, and am now venturing into the world of anti-wrinkle creams and heavy duty sunscreens. All fountain-of-youth suggestions welcome!
Apart from newly formed eye wrinkles (let’s call them smile lines for the sake of my birthday), I have had so many amazing moments during my 27th year, some of which include:
Celebrating my birthday party last year at Canopy with a number of our closest friends and family
Taking a girls trip to San Francisco (post here)
Meeting Isla Milijana for the first time on June 4, 2014 and experiencing a love I did not know was possible beforehand (post here) and watching her grow every day
Spending the summer in Durango, Colorado at my parent’s vacation house (posts here)
Traveling to Mexico City for one of my best friend’s weddings (travel guide here)
On-going excitement for three of my closest friends who are getting married this March (Austin), April (New Orleans) and June (Vail) – lots of showers and parties to be had!
Celebrating Isla’s Christening in December (post here)
Some of my goals for 27 include:
- Accomplish my 2015 resolutions (shared here)
- Explore new cities and show Isla the joys of traveling (or ‘please, please don’t cry the whole flight, baby girl!’)
- Spend more time in Durango – it felt so weird to leave and come back to Houston, and we miss it so much! If you want a mountain getaway, let’s plan a trip!
- Enjoy my dad’s retirement and put him in full Papa work mode!
- Pray out loud with Isla every night before going to bed (I’m normally a in-my-head prayer, but want to do this with her!)
- Get pregnant again with baby #2! As mentioned above, there are some weddings that need to take place first, but then it’s time for Isla to get a brother/sister (that is, God willing!)
- Sign up for the Houston half marathon next year (depending on status of the above) – I’ve done it twice now, but have the itch again…
SHOP MY BIRTHDAY LIST
Booties, lamps, hot pink blazers, and more! These are some of the things that made it on my birthday list this year:
PS I am linking up with Ember Grey’s Grateful Heart post!