As I mentioned on Friday, I went to Austin for the first part of the weekend to celebrate a friend’s bachelorette weekend, then drove back to Houston for another friend’s bridal shower. Both events were so much fun (although quite opposite in level of appropriateness). We went over to Sophee’s parents house after the shower to hang out with the bride and groom’s family, which I loved. Sophee and I lived together in college for two years, so I know her parents and sister very well and love them to death.
While I was busy on Saturday, Sasha took Isla to his friend’s 1 and 2 year old sons’ birthday party at the Houston Zoo. Zach’s sweet mom took some adorable photos which she sent me. I’m sad to have missed this fun celebration, but glad to have cute photos from the event.
Other highlights from the week included:
- The drive to Austin with two of my best friends since elementary school – it was a trip, as we laughed the entire way there (the return at 7am was a different story…)
- Pushing Isla on the swings at the park on Sunday – she giggles and giggles as she goes back and forth – similar to her bike ‘rides’ (as she push her around)
- Giving Isla her first bath in the big tub, which was so fun and she splashed around and loved it. Her frugal father didn’t though and think’s we’re wasting too much water! So silly!
- Going to Ciro’s Italian Grill for lunch with Papa (my dad) – it was such a treat, especially since he’s leaving for the UK for two weeks
- Getting a blowout at Dry Bar while Isla was babysat by her Baba (Sasha’s mom) – she made us these delicious peppers and strudel too!
- Worshipping at Bayou City Fellowship on Sunday – we’ve been gone or busy the last few Sundays so haven’t made it to church, but I’m so glad we did yesterday. Of course, I cried (happy tears) to be there, singing along with friends.
- Bringing my best friend, McKenzie, Yogurtland frozen yogurt to celebrate her moving back into our old (but new) apartment complex after being in a very cool looking, but very old, four-plex for almost two years
- Eating lunch at Ruggles Green with an old friend, Anna, whom I hadn’t seen in ages and love to pieces – it was so nice to catch up!
- Spending time with Sasha’s aunt and uncle who live nearby and seeing his cousin, Natalia, who was in town
- Getting a chipped bottom tooth fixed – I have no clue how it happened! They’re worried I’m a night grinder… praying that’s not the case or else I’ve got some cool mouth gear in my future
- Taking more photos for Feather Thread (first mentioned here) – I’m excited for Jessica to launch it!
How was your week? What did you get up to?