“I just got in from the Windy City, the Windy City is mighty pretty but it ain’t got what we got…” – Anyone able to name that movie? It was one of our favorite growing up, one we’d watch with my dad’s parents all of the time. I loved Doris Day! But seriously, the Windy City is mighty pretty. Isla and I spent the weekend in Chicago visiting one of my best friends, McKenzie, and her boyfriend, Bryan. We were lucky enough to also get to catch up with a dear friend of mine, Mara, and get to finally meet her handsome son, Simon. Isla and I also went out to dinner with another sweet friend, Caroline, who, per usual, had us dying laughing with her hilarious stories. All in all, it was such a wonderful weekend, and I’m already dying to go back. The weather was just perfect – as evidenced in the nine million fall-inspired leafy photos below! I couldn’t get enough.
Other highlights from the past week included:
- Photographing my friend Gentry’s two daughters in prep for their upcoming birthday party! All black and white might be my favorite thing ever!
- Seeing Destiny and co. for frozen yogurt so that the kiddos could say goodbye to each other! I then photographed them again later in the week – so sad that as I’m writing this, they’ve already moved! I can’t even believe it.
- Going to Orange Theory with Monica – i.e. getting my butt kicked, ha.
- Newborn photos with gorgeous baby Sloane!
- Dentist appointment with Dr. Matt Nickolas – he is the best!
- Having Riley babysit the girls – they love her.
As always, I’m sure I’m missing something really big and fun and potentially insulting a good friend, but alas, my brain is currently churning at 10% capacity. Off to prepare for a mock-photo course tomorrow at our very messy house! xo