It’s been quite a week at the Petrovic household. Last Tuesday night, I went into Emi’s room to turn off her little lamp and she was fast asleep in a crib covered in throw-up (unfortunately all over herself too!). I woke her, bathed her then she went back to sleep and seemed fine the next day; however, Isla stayed home from school on Wednesday because of a bad cold and cough… which she gave to Emi on Thursday. Isla still has the sniffles, but Emi is now on day five of a nasty cold – constant snot, low grade fever and a deep cough (all night long!). Is there anything worse than your babies being sick?! I hate it! Praying that everyone is fully recovered soon. We even had to miss Emi’s baby dedication at church yesterday, which I’m bummed about. We’ll get her dedicated next time though!
Since we were all sniffly, we stayed inside for Houston’s version of snowmaggedon (i.e. 0.5 in of snow on the grass!). It was exciting nonetheless!
With this said, I had four sets of photos last week, and I have lots of editing to catch up on! I’m taking party pictures tonight, then two sets tomorrow – one on Friday, then newborns on the 23rd and I’m done for 2017! Woohoo! We’ll be in Colorado for the last week of December/first week of January, and I plan on relaxing! Can’t wait.
Some highlights from the past week include:
- Visiting my recovering-from-surgery best friend, Brittany, with the girls and Amanda. We’re going again tomorrow to see her! We love our visits – Brittany is the funniest and always has us in stitches.
- Eating family dinner on Sunday at our house! One of my favorite traditions.
- Taking Meredith’s nursery photos (or Piper’s, more accurately!) – I didn’t want to reveal too much so there’s two photos below, but so much more to see – soon!
- Photographing one of my favorite ‘lifestyle’-esque family photos at The Menil. It was such a natural session and I loved the family!
- Snapping photos of the most beautiful 40th birthday party! Every detail was so perfect.
- Taking some photos for Jennifer Welker of Golden Thread at her house.
- Getting my butt kicked at Orange Theory – I was sore for days after Thursday’s class!! Mike at San Felipe is intense! Monica gave me the most GORGEOUS custom ornament (below!). I love it.
- Working on getting my craft/party closet reorganized with the help of our sweet cleaning lady, Alma and her daughter, Sarah.
- Finally working on my annual photo book – details to come soon!
I hope you’ve had a great weekend and that your week goes well!