Alas, the real dream room in any house: the master closet. When we renovated our house, we removed a door from one room, tore down two small closets, and shifted our master bathroom all for the sake of our closet. We have lots of built in shelves (even between our top and bottom hanging spaces), but no natural lighting. When we build our dream home in many years to come, I will definitely ask for a window. I love the closets below that have sun shining in. If you can’t get natural light, a statement chandelier shall do (yeah, so, we don’t have one of those either!).
The closets below are all unique and gorgeous. I would take any of them! My essentials include:
- Lots of shelving with self-closing drawers
- Massive, full length mirror
- Central island (with fresh flowers, if you must) – this could even be Carrera marble, since it’s unlikely you’ll have anything to stain it in your closet!
- Glass jewelry display and drawers
- Handbag storage space
- Pretty lamps and chandelier (or ideally, naturally lighting)
- Lots of shoe racks
- Individual hanging hooks between closet sections (helps with outfit planning!)
- At least one comfy chair
- Stylish rug or patterned carpet
Wouldn’t this be lovely? I know, I know. Keep on dreaming (says Sasha). What are your requirements for a dream closet?