Happy Monday, everyone! I cannot believe that it was only one week ago that we were running around the woods of Houston photographing this hippie shoot. Last week was busy with lots of photography, which made me very happy! Meredith and I got together to photograph her Texan cocktail (‘The Lady Bird’) for 5 O’Clock Fashionistas, and then the next day, Brittany came over to shoot photos for her exciting Instagram launch this week! Between those three shoots and catching up with friends and running errands, Isla and I kept very busy.
I am grateful that on National Sister Day (do people just make these things up for Instagram?), I was able to spend time my three sisters (two by birth and one ‘in law’). Ivana was in town for work from San Francisco, so we spent the evening with her on Saturday and then had a pool party at Sasha’s cousins house on Sunday. I got to see both of my sisters at their birthday dinner celebration at Pondicheri on Sunday evening (that place is so delicious!).
Some other highlights from the week included:
- Going to a surprise birthday party for my older sister – she genuinely had no idea all of her friends were going to be there, and I absolutely love surprises like that! It was a great evening.
- Celebrating my best friend’s birthday with lunch at True Food Kitchen and then a girl’s get-together on Saturday. She hosted us at her place, and we had a gorgeous table full of the most delicious food – plus yummy blackcurrant drinks she made us! It was the best afternoon.
- Worshipping in Bayou City Fellowship’s new venue, which is slightly closer to our house than the last, which is great. We ran into a few of our friends, which made my morning, and then ate at Ruggles Green after (my absolute favorite!).
- Meeting two of the sweetest (and most beautiful!) mamas in Houston – Destiny and Kristen – after being Insta-friends. We met at a splash pad near Kristen’s house, which was seriously the most amazing splash pad we’ve been to. Truman, Mila and Isla were so cute together – they would come together, then go on their separate ways. The photo of Truman biting Isla’s doughnut is hilarious!
- Catching up with my friend, Amanda, at her house and talking about interior design, as they’re in the process of updating some of their rooms. Scott and Amanda just got a new dog, Gilbert, who is adorable. He was being slightly terrorized by Isla, who is used to a much bigger dog, but was a great sport about it.
- After being in Colorado for a month, I finally got back in the gym. I’ve been doing my BBG workouts at home, but it’s much easier to do it at the gym. I definitely missed Lifetime!
- Given that we went from breezy, dry 80 degree weather to hot and humid 105 degree Houston, I felt we needed to reward ourselves throughout the week with fun treats, so we had TCBY twice, juice from Big Power Yoga’s new Big Juice bar and snow cones from Mam’s. Needless to say, Isla loved every bite.
What were the highlights of your week? Hope you’re having a great Monday! xo