It’s Tuesday, feels like Thursday… but what’s new? This week is busy busy busy, but I’ll be seeing lots of my favorite faces, so I’m predicting it’ll be a very happy week.
Last week was ever so slightly ridiculous, filled with lots of photos, two funerals for Sasha’s sweet grandma (“Baba”) – one in Houston and one in Arkansas, a playdate to Montgomery with Courtney Brown, and other highlights, including:
- Having Brittany and Meg over to the house to prep for Jessica’s shower this weekend!
- Going to Arkansas for the weekend – although we were there for a sad reason, it was nice to be able to celebrate Baba’s life with family
- Going to Lyndsey’s house for cuteheads ice cream party with some other sweet mamas whom I love!
- Doing my Global Entry interview at the airport, which I passed (not really an interview), but annoyed because I have to go back to do it again with Isla! I had no clue!
- Photographing Natalie Weakly and a bridal client of hers at City Center // Molly for blog outfits and also for a fun chocolate post with Kathleen of Beauty Now App and Katie of Mirth Caftans – they’re all so nice and inspiring // Elly at Uptown Park // Destiny and Sid in downtown Houston // Lilly at an On Point Custom Homes pool
- Seeing the McMullen twin girls for more swaddle photos for By George Baby Boutique!
- Visiting Courtney and her girls at their house in Montgomery and meeting her husband, Matthew!
- On a sad note, our sweet life-saver, Karina, left to go back to Mexico to visit family and friends! We are going to miss her! Isla starts school in just a few weeks though – I cannot believe it! I think she’s going to love Mother’s Day Out!!
Hope you are having the best week so far! xo
Mondays always sneak up on you, don’t they? At 10pm last night, I was legitimately surprised to look at my calendar and see that the next day was Monday. Why do weekends have to fly by so quickly?
This past week was a blur – busy with work and then ended on a low point, as Sasha’s sweet grandmother passed away on Friday evening. She was loved by many, many people, and I imagine her memorial on Thursday will be extremely emotional. She is going to be so missed.
The week did have many positive moments, including:
- Getting a few highlights and a trim by Eric Vaughn – he’s the best!
- Seeing Megan of Willow Crowns for lunch at Tiny Boxwoods and then again at her pop-up shop at Pottery Barn Kids
- Photographing sweet Ellie’s first birthday party
- Finally getting our collage wall hung with Handy
- Seeing sweet Will’s birth announcement! So excited for the Benzers!
- Photographing Lilly twice – at CityCentre and Rice University – she is so stunning!
- Taking adorable Campbell’s newborn photos
- Doing an Instagram takeover and blog post on The Social Society
- Eating family meals at MOD Pizza and Adair Kitchen – two of our favorites!
- Having lunch at Ruggles Green with my sweet cousin, Kristina, who just moved back to Texas from Arkansas
- Eating dinner with Sasha’s family on Saturday at our house
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hope y’all had a happy Fourth of July weekend! There is something about that one extra day that makes all of the difference in the world. Yesterday, we headed to Katy to do a Rev spin class at our friends’ new Define location (which is gorgeous!!). Paige did such a great job teaching the class. Afterwards, we went to their house to swim, then to my parents for more time in the sun. Amazingly, Isla did not sleep at all during the day, despite hours of kicking frantically through the water. She did crash at night though!
The rest of the week went very quickly, with some highlights being:
- Eating lunch with my friend Melissa at Ruggles Green and watching Isla run around the green area at CityCentre – her favorite!
- Meeting Destiny and Truman for a splash pad playdate – they are so cute together!
- Attending the Honeybook launch party
- Meeting two former co-workers for lunch at Dish Society
- Photographing Elly and Lilly (both are so gorgeous!!!)
- Taking family photos for a sweet one year old – whose name is also Isla!
- Attending a class at DEFINE Katy, which our close friends just opened up! And then having a swim date at their house afterwards!
- Spending time with my little sister, Jill, and her boyfriend, Kevin, at my parent’s house!
- Having a family date at the Lifetime Fitness pool – Isla seriously is obsessed with swimming
- Eating lunch with Sasha’s mom and her guest who is visiting from Serbia at Ruggles Green (can you tell I’m obsessed?)
- Doing a Friday family date night with dinner at MOD Pizza and TCBY afterwards – we had a huge step count day and wanted to reward ourselves!
- Having Molly and my sister, Karine, over for a little afternoon cheese date… in the scorching heat! But it was fun nonetheless.
I hope you had the best July Fourth celebration!
This post is sponsored by Ozarka; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Although I was born Scotland and all of my extended family still live in the UK, Texas definitely feels like home. I always bug Sasha about becoming an ex-pat so that we can travel the world (à la the Montgomerys), but I definitely love living here in the Lone Star State. Houston has so much to offer – from sprawling parks to nationally acclaimed restaurants, one of the best zoos in the country, the highest ranked Medical Center in the world, a wide variety of shops… I could go on and on. Within hours, you can get to Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas – three exciting cities with their own lengthy brag sheets. read more
Is anyone else really ready for the holiday weekend? I am so excited, and I have grand plans to have zero plans at all. Ivana and Bob got married in the most gorgeous ceremony and reception ever this past weekend – we are so excited for them, and feeling all sorts of jealousy as they jet off first class to Bora Bora. Totally smooshing myself into their luggage!
We drove to Austin last Wednesday and spent the next few days at dress fittings, the tailor, seeing sweet friends who we don’t see often enough, eating at some of our favorite spots – even squeezing in some engagement photos for Patrick and Betsy.
The wedding rehearsal dinner was at the Oasis, then the ceremony and reception on Saturday was at Lakeway Resort and Spa, and we had a Sunday BBQ at the lake. It was a busy weekend, but lots of fun. I’m dying to see the photos that their talented photographer, Jenna McElroy, took!!
Hope y’all had the best week too! Stay cool and have so much fun this weekend!