I hope you had a wonderful Father’s Day yesterday! The past week was one of those that seems to fly by, but at the same time lasted forever. I am finally (sort of) caught up on emails and edits, which feels great. Now to tackle thank you cards for Isla… I’m thinking that is a car ride task, as we’re driving to Austin on Wednesday to see some friends and hangout before the big wedding this weekend. So excited! Lots of prep happened last week, and every detail is going to be so perfect. Ivana seriously looks like a princess – which Isla will likely remind her 10,000 times on Saturday.
Some highlights from the past week:
- Eating family lunch and then spending the afternoon at my parent’s house – swimming, riding bikes, walking around the neighborhood and feeding the ducks (and turtle!). We were exhausted afterwards, but had the best time with Mimi and Papa!
- Photographing adorable newborn twin girls in their perfectly decorated nursery! I want twins so badly!! Ha. I’ve been told I need to be careful what I wish for.
- Taking Douglas’ 6 month photos – it feels like we just took his newborn pictures! I can’t believe it. He was so smiley and cute.
- Doing blog photos for Molly, Elly, and Lauren in record timing. It is so hot outside, we move extra fast!
- Visiting LifeTime almost every day because (like I just said), it’s scorching hot and I cannot get all 15,000 of my steps (FitBit addict!) without going on the treadmill/using the AC!
- Neighing alongside the horses at Houston Polo Club… basically Isla’s heaven!
- Eating an impromptu lunch with Karine at Ruggles Green after a little contact fiasco! Needless to say, I’ve got an eye appointment today. It’s very overdue!
- Chatting with Jessica when she came to drop off Isla’s adorable gift and catch up! Love and miss her!!!
- Taking cuteheads bloomer photos with Margret’s precious daughter, Sofia!
- Having a much needed girls night at Benjy’s with three of my closest friends (since high school!) and then heading to Amanda’s afterwards.
- Getting coffee with Jordan at PJs to discuss blogging – I’m excited for her to launch her site soon!
Hope you had a great week too!
Happiest Monday! The past week flew by, and I cannot believe we are almost halfway through the month of June. Where is time going?! We’ve got a full week in Houston, then head to Austin next Wednesday for my sister-in-law’s wedding. I am so excited for a little mini-trip, and even more ready for these nuptials!! It’s going to be gorgeous, and I cannot wait to wait Ivana walk down the aisle in her insanely beautiful dress.
Some highlights from the past week included:
- Celebrating Sasha’s birthday with dinner at La Vista (his favorite!) on Friday and then having a few people over for game night after (surprise, surprise – the ladies won Taboo!).
- Photographing six Cuteheads dresses in 36 hours – a feat made possible only by Isla’s recent adoration of all things princess.
- Having my final (3rd) consultation from Meggie of Organized Life Design – we tackled my desk this week and ohmygosh, what a difference she made! Everything is so organized. I’m obsessed. Detail post to come soon!
- Attending the Aces of Taste High Tea event hosted by Meredith, which was (as to be expected) perfect. Every detail was beautiful!
- Celebrating Kevin’s 2nd birthday at the Adamson’s house – everything looked so cute, and I loved getting to catch up with Alexis and Mike.
- Photographing Elly, Molly, Alex and Roberta, whose blog is launching soon!
- Going to BHLDN with my sister-in-law and our cousin to pick out bridesmaids dresses – I ended up buying a skirt/top combo! The wedding is in 13 days… nothing like waiting until the 11th hour!!
- Photographing some of Sarah’s (Owner of By George Baby Boutique) gorgeous swaddle blankets during a shoot with Esther’s adorable baby girl, Tova.
- Eating Sunday lunch at my parent’s house in Katy!
- Going to a few doctor appointments which Isla hated and prompted her to say, “All done doctor” at least 10 times a day ever since! Like mother, like daughter.
- Sending Isla off to swim class with Sasha wearing her new sweet watermelon swimsuit!
- Splashing around in Isla’s new flamingo pool, which her adorable hat, new sunnies, and matching flamingo swimsuit – all gifted to Isla by Truman (via Destiny) for her birthday!
- Submitting Isla’s party on Project Nursery – I seriously adore that site and use it for all kinds of inspiration!
Hope you had an amazing week and that your Monday is starting off on a good note too! xo
Two whole years have gone by since Little Miss Isla was born. Part of me feels like it was ages ago, and then I have moments where it feels like I was in labor just yesterday. I had to re-read her birth story (here) to remember details I thought I would never forget. And then what feels like yesterday, we celebrated her first birthday (party and first birthday post). Looking back at the photos, she looks so little!
We had a tea party for her second birthday celebration, and held it at our house. Much to my dismay, it was pouring rain outside, so we had to cancel the moonwalk last minute as well as a few other outdoor games. Despite the bad weather, the party went off without a hitch (eh, except don’t put a sparkler on a 2 year old’s cupcake!), and Isla had a great time mingling with friends and family. I’m sharing more photos below, as well as sourcing for most of the goods. If I missed something, please leave me a comment and I’ll let you know where I got it!
A little two year update:
Isla’s favorite animals are flamingos, bubas (Serbian for bugs), dogs (especially Belle), and elephants. She loves to make all animal noises and now thinks she’s an expert at naming them as well. Every night, we read 4-5 books, then sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Kumbaya, and Itsy Bitsy Spider. We try to vary the books as often as possible, but Each Peach Pear Plum, A Squash and a Squeeze, I Love You Through and Through, My First Read and Learn Bible, Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?, Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Room on the Broom, 1, 2, 3, Peas, Toot and One Ted Falls out of Bed are some of the ones she picks out the most. read more
Whew. Well, it’s been silent over here for the last three weeks, and I’m barely surviving! Since my last post, I went to Durango for my sister-in-law’s bachelorette party that I co-planned, got pretty sick with a stomach bug and a sinus infection that knocked me off my feet for a few days, and then enjoyed the last few days of the trip before heading back to Houston, where I hit the ground running. I was unpacking, buying groceries, cleaning the house and buying last minute items for Isla’s 2nd birthday party on Saturday (her real birthday). Besides the endless rain, the party went off without a hitch (except perhaps me stupidly putting a sparkler in her birthday cupcake… lesson learned: toddlers don’t like sparks!!!). I am going to share photos from the party tomorrow! They’re not my favorite photos ever, as it was so dark from the storm that I had to use my flash, but alas, they’re party photos and will be amazing for memories!
I wish I felt some sense of relief now that all of the crazy is over, but I am way, way, way behind on emails and have a jam-packed week of photos – playing catchup with work now. So if I owe you an email, I’d love a little grace!
Some very high level highlights from the past three weeks:
- Watching Sasha dominate the Iron Horse Bike Classic race in Durango – it was so grueling and I seriously couldn’t complete 1/100th of the race. I am so proud of him!!!
- Spending family time in Colorado – I want to live there year round!
- Getting to shower Ivana with love (and lots of exercise!) and getting to meet so many of her closest friends, whom I adore!
- Celebrating sweet Isla’s 2nd birthday – I cannot believe that she is two years old, and at the same time, I can’t believe I’ve only known her for two years. She feels like she’s been a part of me forever. I love that sweet girl to pieces.
- Doing the Memorial Park 3 mile loop with one of my favorites, Brooke, and getting to catch up on life!
- Taking a break from work!
Hope you had a great week/weekend too! xo
Happy Monday! Unsurprisingly, it is bucketing rain right now in Houston! We’re having some serious cabin fever. April showers were supposed to bring May flowers, not more showers, right? Hopefully it’s very lush in June! Ha.
I leave for Durango on Thursday for my sister-in-law’s bachelorette party this weekend, and then I’m staying another two weeks. Sasha and Isla will join me and my parents on Sunday. I’m excited for a little vacation, and especially for the fun party ahead! The week before a long vacation is always hectic, so Lord help me to get through it!
Last week was jam packed with the following highlights:
- Taking photos of:
- Molly at her house and in the Heights
- A mocktail/cocktail shoot with Meg, Monica, Meredith and cheerleader Brittany – find recipes on Meredith’s blog here
- An Emerson Sloan fiesta party in West U
- A M+M Couture jewelry shoot in Piney Point
- Alex near Dish Society
- Destiny at CityCentre twice, followed by lunch at Ruggles Green and another time for dinner at Brios with Sid too!
- A J. McLaughlin event on Tuesday evening hosted by Caroline
- Elly in Rice Village
- Running a million errands on Friday to prepare for Ivana’s bachelorette next weekend and Isla’s birthday party when we get back from Colorado, including two trips to Home Depot and USPS, HEB, Hobby Lobby, the dry cleaners, T.J. Maxx and Paper Source
- Meeting with Monica to pickup some fun goodies for Isla’s party – then spending Friday night modgepodge-ing!
- Going to Memorial City Mall on Sunday with my sister-in-law (who was in town briefly before heading to Chicago) to buy some stuff for the party!
- Having my Dad babysit solo for the first time while I photographed an event – he did such a great job. Isla is lucky to have the best Papa ever!
- Celebrating Sasha’s mom’s birthday on Friday!
- Visiting Papellerie to pickup Isla’s invitations that I had help prepping with Molly and mailed out at the end of the week!
- Giggling for ten+ minutes on Sunday night while reading Isla a bedtime story – she thinks that passing gas (‘Toot toot!’) is absolutely hysterical, and she had us laughing so hard as she tried her very best to keep them coming. I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in ages, and as we were cracking up, all I could think was: I want this memory engrained in my brain forever. I just love her so much!
Hope you had a great week! Stay dry if you’re in Houston!!