This past Friday, we celebrated Miss Emilia’s Christening in an intimate ceremony with just our family and closest friends. Sweet Emi was not her usual happy self, which made sense later when we found out she had an ear infection! Regardless, it was a really fun day and lifelong memories were made. We’re so grateful for her amazing Godparents, Kirby and Brett, who were here from Oklahoma City to celebrate. Our photographer, Nancy Aidee, sent some pics already and I’m in love! I cannot wait to share more when we get the rest.
The rest of the weekend was a blur, given that we were just constantly trying to make poor Emi feel better. And the days leading up to the ceremony were very busy too! I snuck in two playdates, some blog photos for Destiny, newborn photos for Brittany’s angel, George, lunch with Ivana and her best friend, Destiny, and Milly’s three month photos. We had Sunday dinner with all my siblings – Ivana, Bob, Karine, Jill and Kevin. My favorite crew. We’re so blessed. Now I must go and pick-up the entire house that my tornado toddler wreaked havoc on today! Hope your Monday was a good one. xo
It’s Monday evening, and the house is quiet (which feels strange). I’ve got a cup of HEB Texas Pecan decaf coffee in my hand and am ready to tackle my inbox, once and for all! [or at least a little bit, so if I email you tonight, please reply tomorrow for my sanity! Ha.]
These weeks are just flying by (do I sound like a broken record yet?), partly because I have a baby and time will do that to you when they’re super young. Also because we are keeping busy around here! Some of the highlights from the past week include:
- Isla attending yoga camp at BIG Power Yoga. Okay, y’all. I still cannot handle the cuteness of her journal that has a polaroid of her every day, doing a different yoga pose. I’m not even a yogi, but she loved it and I did because of that!! I wish she could do it again this week!
- Taking Destiny’s blog photos at CityCentre! I am obsessed with all of her Nordstrom sale finds!
- Having a photo/play date with Megan – I brought Ivana and Milly along with us! So sweet having Isa, Milly and Emi all together, lounging with us while the big girls swam.
- Taking Carrie’s daughter’s one month photos. Ohhh, she is the cutest!
- Keeping up with our tradition of pizza night with Ivana and Bob, but instead of being on Friday, we swapped it to Saturday, so that we could do a Semple family dinner in Katy – one last hoorah before my cousins left for Scotland!
- Having Sasha’s mom and stepdad over for lunch Sunday! Donna saved the day by running to get Emi some Desitin to help her diaper rash.
- Trekking my cousins around the city on Thursday to show them some photographic highlights, like the Greetings from Houston sign and the Water Wall! We ate ice cream at Creamistry and ohhhmygosh. It is way, way too good.
- Eating dinner with my parents on Sunday night at Peli Peli Kitchen – it has been our tradition, and I loveeee traditions.
- Finally getting my bootie back at LifeTime almost every day. It feels GREAT to be back in a routine!
- Planting flowers in our yard. This was very overdue, but we got fresh mulch and I was finally inspired! Thankful for my Moana helper (see below!).
- Eating a cousins lunch (delicious Niko Nikos!) at Oliver and Angie’s (Sasha’s cousins) house.
Y’all, it’s amazing how hard that is for me to recall things I did in the past week! You should try making a list of the ten favorite things you did last week. This being said, I am always nervous I’m forgetting, “Lunch with so-and-so”! Ha. I am praying that my full brain returns one day.
In the meantime, I hope y’all have the best week ever!
I published a baby registry guide post (here) almost two-and-a-half years ago, and I’ve been sharing it with friends ever since. I recently read through it again and realized a lot of links were broken, and that I needed to add new ‘Emi favorites.’
When I first compiled this list, I thought to myself, ‘I need to make a concise list of all essential items for a baby’s first five months.’ Then I listed all of the products we use on a day-to-day basis, and oh-my-gosh – it is quite the opposite of concise. Babies require lots and lots of stuff. read more
Why does it feel like July Fourth was a month ago? Whenever I write this post, I always go to my calendar to see what the date of the previous Monday was, as those are the photos I’ll upload to include. I couldn’t believe last Monday was July 3 (my little sister’s birthday!). I think it’s because we took a whirlwind trip to Arkansas this weekend, leaving at 5am on Saturday morning and then wheels up at 4:20am from our hotel on Sunday morning. I hadn’t left Emilia for more than 3.5 hours before, so it was tough (physically, as I’m still nursing) to be gone for 29 hours! We visited Hot Springs with the rest of Sasha’s family to honor the one year anniversary of Sasha’s grandma passing. The ceremony was beautiful, and it was so nice to celebrate Baba’s life with everyone.
Some highlights from the past week include:
- Meeting Barrett Guy Jarvis, the newest baby in Sasha’s best friend bromance – he is adorable and we are so excited for Paige, Matt and Ellery!
- Splashing around in the pool on July 4th with Ivana, Bob, Milly and my cousins, who are here visiting from Scotland!
- Meeting with Lindsey Herod of Lindsey Herod Interiors to discuss key decisions for our house! She is so talented, and I can’t wait to work with her during this process!
- Getting back into the routine of going to LifeTime Fitness with the girls! I have missed having good strength-training workouts, as I’ve been so tight for time lately that I’ve just ended up doing 3 mile runs around the neighborhood at night! I needed some weights in my life (hello, BBG hell! Ha).
- Spending family time in Hot Springs!
- Our tradition of ‘Pizza and Movie Night’ on Friday!
- Taking some photographs at Mum’s friend’s sister’s backyard wedding – it was such a sweet, emotional ceremony!
- Taking cousin photos of the girls and Lazo at Evelyn’s Park (I shared them on the blog yesterday here!).
The definite low-point of the week was when I realized my FitBit battery had died on the drive to Arkansas. My supportive husband wouldn’t stop at a Target on the drive to get a charger! So I lost 36 crucial hours. So upsetting! Ha. I hope you had a great week! Happy Monday. xo
On June 4, Isla turned three, and less than a month later, on July 2, her cousin (second-cousin, but we call and consider them cousins!), Ana, turned three! We thought it would be fun to take some photos documenting them at three years old, but once the ball got rolling, we realized it would be more fun to document all of the cousins together, since we don’t have a group photo with Milly and Emi in it.
We met in the blistering 90+ degree Houston summer, surrounded by cotton candy, balloons and cake pops, to capture these seven kiddos: Mila is 5, almost 6; Lazo is 4.5, Isla and Ana are 3, Emi is 5.5 months and Milly is 2.5 months! It truly does feel like Mila was just born, and suddenly, she’s going into first grade? Where has the time gone.
I have to give a shoutout to my amazing friends, Esther and Megan, who helped make these photos happen, given that I gave them one week heads up on dress/romper and bow orders! These matching cuteheads dresses and rompers (for the babies) are my favorite (and Isla’s too!). And the matching pink Willow Crowns bows couldn’t be more perfect. Lazo looked dapper in his bow tie too, of course!
I cannot wait to watch these six (hopefully more to come!) sweet babes grow up together!