Happy Wednesday! I’m a few days late for my ‘Week in Review’ post, but we’re on Durango time! Kirby, Brett, Lillian and Henry arrived around 2am this morning, and it’s Kirby’s 28th birthday, so we’ve had a busy day, roaming around town and celebrating with rather-dry gluten free vegan cupcakes that the kids really enjoyed! Ha.
The last week was very, very busy Monday and Tuesday, in preparation for us leaving on Wednesday. We’ve been in Durango since Wednesday evening, and it’s been dramatically less busy. My FitBit tracks my sleep, and it went from 3 hours, to 4.5 hours to 5 hours to 9 hours! So basically, I’m never leaving. A few highlights before we left on the trip were seeing my sweet friend Alexis and her adorable son, Zachary, for juice at Juiceland in the Heights, taking newborn photos (check out Mackenzie’s amazing hair and her gorgeous nursery!), watching Isla’s music presentation at school/celebrating her last day (tears!!!), and documenting Milly’s one month-iversary! Since being here, we’ve gone to the library, eaten at our favorite restaurants, fed the fish, gone on long runs, waved endlessly (multiple times a day) at the train, and enjoyed time as a family doing absolutely nothing. Totally in heaven.
I hope everyone is having the best week so far! I hear that the weather back home in Houston today was just perfect. I hope it stays that way.
I hope that everyone had an amazing Mother’s Day yesterday. We had perfect weather in Houston, so Emilia, Isla and I spent the afternoon outside. Sasha headed to Colorado on Saturday, then flew to California for work yesterday. We’ll be meeting him back in Colorado on Wednesday – truly cannot wait! I’m so ready for a vacation.
We had a jam packed week, with highlights being:
- Celebrating Mother’s Day with my sweet mama (“Mum”) and dad in Katy. I am so grateful to have such amazing parents!
- Celebrating my mother-in-law’s (Donna) birthday on Saturday by taking photos of her three granddaughters (and her daughter, Ivana) and then going to lunch at Local Foods! It was such a fun day. She looks so pretty in the photos – radiating with grandma joy!
- Going to Isla’s final gymnastics presentation (lots of photos below). Can you talk about proud mama? I was cheering her on for walking across the beam, pulling her feet to the bars, doing somersaults, etc.
- Eating lunch with my sweet friend, Alexis, and her two adorable boys, Kevin and Zachary. Isla has since spotted Kevin almost everywhere we’ve gone (only it has never actually been him).
- Taking graduation photos for my little sister, Jill, who graduates from medical school this week! So proud of her.
- Grabbing a quick TCBY with Leah, who donating some fun props for another set of motherhood photos we took with Courtney in Montgomery on Tuesday! Love both these ladies.
- Hugging Sydney at Bayou City Fellowship on Sunday (we desperately need a 10:15 church service! I cannot get our act together by 9:15!!). She is due in a month and looks gorgeous (evidenced below!).
- Meeting with Meg and Britt on Friday for chats and braid tutorials. I need to try out the hair styles that Brittany taught us!
- Getting together with Meredith to finish shooting for a client of ours – of course, it doesn’t feel like work when we’re together!
Hope y’all have the best week! My next update will be from our home-away-from-home!
Happy Monday! We had some California weather days this past week – I wish Texas felt like that more often! The perfectly warm weather and slight breeze definitely makes your soul feel happy. I went to lunch at True Food Kitchen with Destiny, Truman, Tatum, and her mom and little sister, Macaily, on Friday – the wait for a table outside was definitely worth it. It was so fun meeting her sister, who is just as sweet as everyone else I’ve met in their family.
Other exciting things that happened during the past week were taking Milly’s newborn photos. Since I’ve snapped a few solo, posed photos of her already, we focused on more laid back lifestyle poses. She was such a pro during the shoot – slept for the majority of it! She’s a doll. Unfortunately, Ivana had developed mastitis easier in the week, but was feeling better by the weekend. I also got to catch up with two childhood friends, Amanda and Brittany, over lunch at Adair Kitchen on Saturday. I always love seeing them! It had been way too long. Then on Sunday, we did our traditional Semple family dinner at Peli Peli. I love that we just walk there, since it’s so close.
A few other highlights from the week include:
- Getting the cutest package from By George Baby Boutique – I’m photographing some of Sarah’s swaddle blankets, and they’re seriously too sweet. I adore all of the prints!
- Going to Courtney’s baby shower – I cannot wait to meet baby Beau!
- Taking photographs for Margaret of Dwell Living – she is so nice! Loved meeting her.
- Snapping some photographs for Destiny for various projects at her house (serious goals, by the way).
- Signing Emilia up at Lifetime – I can finally be diligent about workouts again!
- Having our Friday “pizza and movie night” – we watched Moana for the ten zillionth time, but I’m not mad about it.
I am honestly missing something, but totally exhausted and cannot think!
It’s already May – can you believe it?! I’m in total denial, but the weather already feels a bit like August, so I’m definitely getting there.
We returned home yesterday afternoon after being gone for five days – two spent in San Antonio, and another three in Austin. We visited Sasha at work (the first time to see his office!), then went to the Hyatt Lost Pines for one of my best friend’s weddings. It was truly the best weekend ever. I loved getting to spend time with Georgia and the other wedding party ladies – they are all so sweet. The rehearsal dinner was the funniest I’ve ever been to. I have laughed aloud a few times since Friday, replaying the speeches in my head.
Saturday went so smoothly, and Georgia looked absolutely stunning (“CEO Barbie,” as one of her friends put it). Thompson looked equally dapper. They are truly soul mates – they complement each other perfectly. I am so excited for them.
At the beginning of last week, I snuck in photos of Milly before we headed out, and photographed the last few dresses for the cuteheads Seersucker Essentials collection, which you can shop here.
We celebrated Emilia’s 3-month-iversary on Saturday, which I’ll share more about tomorrow!
San Antonio was gorgeous – I hadn’t been in ages, and I’d forgotten how beautiful the city is, with the riverwalk, historic old buildings and monuments (like the Alamo), and festivities for Fiesta. We went to the Zoo, ate some delicious meals (favorites being Bella’s on the River and Green). We are definitely going to try to go back with Sasha again (hopefully staying at Hotel Emma next time!).
I hope that your week is off to a great start! xo
Happiest, happiest Monday! The first Monday of my sweet niece’s life! Milly Rose Hetz was born last Wednesday, April 19 at 1:57pm, weighing 6 pounds 15 ounces and measuring 20 inches long. In summary: she is perfect (it’s totally normal to be emotional about this and start crying as I’m typing, right?). Ivana, Bob and Milly left the hospital on Saturday and are currently living with us, as their house renovations aren’t complete yet. It’s definitely a full house, but I absolutely love it and know we’ll laugh about the time four adults, two newborns and a toddler all lived under one roof!
The week was a busy one, with two big photo shoots (one with Meredith for a hair product and one with Meg Grant)! Trying to get through most of the editing before we head to San Antonio tomorrow. My little sister, Jill, was a huge blessing as I didn’t realize Isla had school off on Monday, so she tagged along to babysit – which basically meant back-to-back Moana! I also had lunch with two of my favorite gals, Amanda and Destiny (oh, and Isla and Emilia too!) at True Food Kitchen.
I went to my dear friend, Carter’s wedding shower on Saturday night, and we hung out with Kirby (Emi’s Godmother) and Lillian on Sunday! Sasha’s mom is back from Serbia, so it’s been great catching up with her too!
Time to get back to work! Hope y’all have the best week. I cannot wait to get to Austin on Friday to celebrate one of my best friend’s wedding! xo